chapter 7

cw! : mentions of purposely starving / eating disorder, mention of smoking weed and it being written badly

————————————————————————

You wake up and realize you were inside of a tent. You look down at your watch as it reads 7:36 pm. Did you really fall asleep at 5:00 at night?

You unzip the tent to see that Eddie had started a fire and had set up some chairs. You saw there were some other things on the wooden picnic table.

(i know there wasn't one there but let's pretend there was 🤭)

"Morning, sweetheart." Eddie said. "Or should I say night?"

You rub your eyes and sit on a chair. You look down at Eddie's hands and see he's smoking weed.

"Eddie, are you seriously smoking weed?" you ask.

"What else would I be doing?" Eddie replied. "You've been sleeping for like two hours."

"Ugh. Whatever." You cross your arms.

"Woah, Princess is everything alright? Did somebody have nightmares?" Eddie said in a slightly sarcastic tone.

"Can you not joke with me?" You said. "I'm not really up for that right now."

It's quiet for a couple seconds. Eddie takes a hit of the joint.

"Y/n, I can tell when something's bothering you. It's okay you can tell me."

You hesitate for a moment. You couldn't tell him what was really on your mind because it was him that you were thinking about. You had recently been thinking about if you had been developing feeling for him, and the thought of being in a relationship with him was stuck in your head for a while now.

"Oh, it's really nothing." You said. "I just haven't been getting much sleep recently, that's all."

"Are you sure?"

You nodded, looking down at the fire. Eddie takes another hit of his joint and noticed that you were looking at him.

"What?" Eddie asked, laughing. "Did you wanna try some?" He teaches his hand out to you with the joint in his hand.

You decided to take it. You've never tried any drugs before so you thought this could be interesting. You take a hit of the joint and then start coughing, making Eddie laugh a little.

"What do you think?" Eddie asked.

"I think I like it." You say, taking another hit. Eventually you started laughing, making Eddie laugh along with you.

————————————————————————
It's about a half hour later and you're high. Like, pretty damn high. You and Eddie have been talking to each other about things but it's been quiet for about five minutes.

"Have you ever had a girlfriend?" You ask while looking over at him. He looks a bit confused.

"Well, once. Why are you asking?"

"I dunno."

"Have you?"

You shake your head no.

"What's it like? Dating somebody, I mean."

"Well, it's nice. You have somebody to talk to about pretty much anything, get high with, and laugh with, stuff like that."