Emergency

The Aviary had been compromised when Simon Masrani's helicopter crashed into it, and the resident pterosaurs had taken to the sky. Near one of the gates that connected the shopping area of the park to the rest of it, Zach and Gray were trying to get the attention of some guards so that they would open the gate to let them through. Once they were inside, they reunited with Zara, who was tasked with looking after them, while Aimee was anxious because of the incoming pterosaurs. When the sirens began going off, indicating that everyone was to seek shelter immediately, Aimee covered her ears and started repeatedly calling out to her sisters to help her. Zach got an idea and grabbed his earbuds from his pocket and offered them to Aimee, who gave him a confused look. He put the earbuds in to show her how to do it, then offered them to her again. This time, she took them and put them in like Zach had showed her, and she calmed down almost immediately. "That's better, isn't it?" He asked, and she nodded. "Come on, we've got to find shelter," Zara said, and she started walking towards a nearby building. Before she could get very far, she was grabbed by a pteranodon, which carried her for a short time, then dropped her, whereupon another pteranodon grabbed her and flew over the mosasaurus enclosure and dropped her in. She was soon grabbed by another pterosaur, which tried to fly away with her, only for a pair of enormous jaws to clamp down on it. Aimee flinched at the moment the jaws snapped shut, and then Zach shoved her and Gray back as a pterosaur skidded toward them, coming to a halt mere inches from them.

After being reunited, Owen, Claire, Zach, Gray and Aimee were notified of a plan to use Owen's raptors to hunt down and kill the Indominus Rex. When they got to the raptor enclosure, Owen, Aimee and Claire got out of the truck to confront Hoskins. "The mother hen has finally arrived," Hoskins said, then Owen proceeded to punch him in the face as hard as he could. "You wanted this to happen, Hoskins, you son of a bitch," Claire said, and it was taking all of Aimee's willpower to keep herself from attacking him on the spot. "Ah, jeez. Look, InGen is in charge of this situation now, and this is the only way out," Hoskins said, making Aimee snarl at him and bare her fangs before she was grabbed by a pair of InGen personnel, who muzzled her and put her back with her sisters. Aimee began trying to take off her muzzle, but each time, she was shocked by a collar that had been placed around her neck. "Don't touch it, it won't hurt you then," Blue said, and Aimee stopped trying to take the muzzle off.

Back with the others, Owen had explained to Gray why the raptors listened to him and followed his orders. Zach, meanwhile, had been trying repeatedly to get out of the tent they were in so he could see Aimee. Eventually, he was forced to give up and join Claire and Gray in a large ambulance designed to transport injured dinosaurs. Zach watched as Owen and the raptors took off running in search of the Indominus Rex, noticing that Aimee was just as fast as the other raptors. "Don't worry, Zach. She's going to be okay," Gray said, putting his hand on his brother's shoulder. "I know. I just met her earlier today, and yet I feel like I've known her my entire life somehow," Zach said. "I really like her. She's like a friend and a pet in one," Gray said. "Could you imagine if I wound up in a relationship with Aimee?" Zach asked. "Yeah," Gray replied. "Wow. I wonder how Mom and Dad would react to meeting her. 'Mom, Dad, this is my girlfriend Aimee. She's half-human, half-raptor,'" Zach said with a grin. "That would be pretty difficult to explain, for sure," Gray said.

The raptors had stopped in front of a curtain of vines, and there was a dull thud, followed by the snapping of a branch, and then the Indominus Rex appeared. "Why do you submit so willingly to humans? They keep you in cages to entertain other humans," she said. "We like the humans. They're nice," Charlie said. "And yet, they want to use you as weapons. They do not care about you, and they would not hesitate to kill you if you put so much as one claw out of line," the Indominus said. "She's got a point, guys. Alpha had to tell the other humans not to fire when that new guy fell into the enclosure," Blue said. "You can't honestly be considering turning on our Alpha, Blue," Aimee said, but her words fell on deaf ears. "Kill them," the Indominus ordered, and all five of them turned around to face the humans, Aimee somewhat reluctantly, and the humans started shooting at the Indominus Rex, which roared and disappeared into the forest. Aimee managed to fight off the Indominus' control over her actions and tried to find Owen. She found him looking at her sister Charlie, who was looking back like she didn't know what to do with him. Without warning, something came flying out of the forest behind Charlie, exploding when it made contact with Charlie. "CHARLIE!" Aimee wailed as she was forced to watch her sister burn. Owen took off running, Aimee right behind him. They found an ATV and proceeded to meet up with Claire, Zach and Gray. When they were close enough, Aimee stood up on the front of the ATV, and when Owen got close enough to the ambulance, she leapt in. "What happened? What's wrong?" Zach asked. "Th-they... ki-killed Ch-Char-lie," Aimee choked out before starting to cry over the loss of her sister. Zach pulled her into a hug, not saying anything, just simply holding her in his arms.

----

Until next time!