Rex vs Rex

Once they arrived at the control room, Aimee could smell something familiar that made her bare her fangs and snarl. "Easy, girl. Easy," Owen said softly, but it made no difference. "What a surprise. This place is under InGen control right now. Nothin' any of us can do about it," Hoskins said. "Y-You k-killed m-my s-sis-ter!" Aimee shouted at him. "I didn't have anything to do with that. It was just something that happened in the field," Hoskins said, but Aimee didn't care. Then, he said something that sent her over the edge. "Besides, she wasn't really your sister, when you think about it," he said, and it took the combined effort of both Zach and Owen to hold her back. "You t-ta-ke that back!" She shrieked in rage. "It's true. Why should I take it back?" He asked. "Because it hurt her feelings, Hoskins," Zach said. Hoskins laughed, which served to upset Aimee even more. "Look at her. She's not human. How can she have feelings?" He asked. Aimee picked up another familiar scent and tried to turn around as her sister Delta entered the room. "Finally, we can take this guy out," Delta said. "I was thinking the same thing," Aimee replied, and Owen and Zach let go of her so she could talk to her sister. The pair faced Hoskins, who now looked worried. "Easy now, easy. I'm on your side," he said, trying to reach out and touch Delta's snout with his hand, like Owen had. Delta looked at him, feigning curiosity, and then she bit his hand, making Hoskins scream.

When they reached Main Street, the group stopped as Blue, followed by Delta and Echo had surrounded them. "Blue, look at me," Owen said, trying to get Blue's attention. She looked back at him and gave a quick nod. When the Indominus Rex appeared, the three raptors turned to face her, with Blue now pretending to obey the Indominus. "Kill them," the Indominus said, and Blue looked back at Owen before turning her attention to the Indominus. "No. You're not my Alpha anymore," she told the Indominus. "What did you say?" The Indominus asked in a dangerous hiss. "You heard me," Blue said, leaping toward the Indominus, which swiftly knocked her aside into the wall of a Starbucks. At this action, Delta and Echo turned on the Indominus, intending to avenge Blue, Aimee soon joining them, while Owen, Claire, Zach and Gray took cover.

Aimee watched the Indominus throw Delta off of her back onto a grill, incinerating the raptor. She didn't let it distract her, and she didn't let it distract her when the Indominus threw Echo hard into a nearby wall either. "We need more," Gray commented. "More what?" Claire asked him. "Teeth. We need more teeth," he said, and Claire knew what she had to do. "I'll be right back," she said, rushing to a nearby dinosaur paddock, grabbing her radio from her pocket as she went. "Lowry? Lowry, are you still there?" She asked. "Yeah, of course I'm still here, why?" Lowry replied. "I need you to open Paddock Nine!" Claire instructed. "Paddock Nine?" Lowry said, taking a moment to find the button on the control panel. "Are you crazy?" He asked when he discovered what dinosaur was being kept in Paddock Nine. Claire responded by lighting a flare and looking at the security camera outside the paddock. "Damn it, Lowry, be a man and do something for once in your life!" She snapped angrily. "Okay, okay. No need to make it personal," he said, pressing the button to open Paddock Nine. Claire turned her focus to the door in front of her that was now slowly opening. A series of dull thuds approached her, and the resident Tyrannosaurus Rex, Rexy, appeared out of the darkness. Claire took off running with the flare in her hand, trying to reach the Main Street before it was too late.

She ducked under a skeletal model of a Spinosaurus and threw the flare as hard as she could at the Indominus Rex before diving out of the way. Owen, Zach and Gray noticed her, and she yelled, "Run!" The Tyrannosaurus smashed through the Spinosaurus skeleton and roared at the Indominus Rex, challenging it to a fight. The Indominus roared back, and the two dinosaurs launched themselves at each other. Aimee dug her claws into the Indominus' back to keep from falling off as the two larger dinosaurs fought. At one point, Gray nearly got dragged away from the others by the Indominus, and then Aimee heard a familiar sound: a raptor call. She looked up and saw Blue running towards the Indominus, looking uninjured. She leapt onto the Indominus' back with Aimee, and together, they helped the T-Rex drive the Indominus to the edge of the mosasaurus enclosure. Aimee and Blue could sense the mosasaurus approaching and leapt to the ground to stand beside the T-Rex. The Indominus roared at the T-Rex, which roared back, then the mosasaurus jumped up and grabbed the Indominus with its jaws, dragging it down into the enclosure.

Once the T-Rex left, Blue and Aimee turned to Owen and the others, who smiled at them. Zach approached Aimee cautiously, trying not to upset Blue. Aimee closed the distance between them and met his eyes. "So, I guess th-this is the last time we're going to see each other," she said, brushing her hair out of her face. "Yeah, I guess so," he said. "I want to tell you something before you leave," she said. "Okay, go ahead," he replied. "Zach, when I'm around you, I feel different than when I'm around anyone else. You help me feel human. Zach, I love you," she said, and he smiled. "I love you too, Aims," he said, making her blush. "I wish this didn't have to be goodbye," she said. "It doesn't have to be, if you don't want it to be," he replied, placing his hand on her shoulder. "Then what is this?" She asked him. "It's... See you. Hopefully we'll see each other again soon, how's that sound?" He asked, meeting her eyes. "Sounds good to me. See you, Zach," she said with a sad smile. "See you, Aims," he said, gently giving her a kiss on the forehead. With that, she took one last long look at her new friends, wishing the moment could last forever, then she followed Blue into the forest.

----

Until next time!