Return to Isla Nublar

Three years had passed since the incident at Jurassic World, and the resident dinosaurs were facing extinction at the hands of Mount Sibo. Somewhere in the forest, two very different figures could be seen darting through the trees. "You'll never catch me, Aimee!" Blue playfully taunted. "Watch me," Aimee replied. She was no longer the fifteen year old girl who had helped defeat the Indominus Rex. Now that she's eighteen, she has gained a number of new skills and matured a lot, though she still enjoys playing games with her sister Blue. Her waist-length auburn hair fluttered behind her as she ran, giving everything she had to catch Blue. The ground started to tremble again, and both of them skidded to a stop. "Another earthquake?" Aimee asked. "Yeah. They've been getting more frequent lately. I wonder if the mountain is about to erupt," Blue said. "I'm scared, sis. What if no one comes to save us?" Aimee asked with fear in her voice. "Don't think about such things. Owen will come back for us, I'm sure of it," Blue said confidently.

Back on the mainland, Claire Dearing was trying to convince Owen Grady to join her on a rescue mission to save as many of the dinosaurs on Isla Nublar as possible before Mount Sibo erupted. "A rescue op to save the dinosaurs from an island that's about to explode. What could go wrong?" Owen asked. "A lot," Claire admitted. "Why do you need me?" He asked. "Well, if we're going to rescue Blue and Aimee, you're the best man for it," Claire said. She left Owen soon after, and he began watching videos of him training Blue and Aimee, deciding to join the rescue op.

Blue froze without warning, causing Aimee to have to leap over her to avoid a collision. "Do you hear that?" Blue asked. "Hear what?" Aimee asked, and then she heard it too: the roar of a collection of car engines. "See, what did I tell you?" Blue asked. "You don't know that Owen's with them," Aimee said. "Well, even if he's not with them, at least we're not being left to die here," Blue said. Aimee simply shrugged in reply, then decided to go out and observe the new arrivals. She found some thick bushes near where the vehicles had stopped and hid within them, wondering if Owen had indeed returned. Before she saw him, however, another familiar person caught her eye. Even after three years, he hadn't changed very much, and Aimee felt her heart flutter as she recognized Zach Mitchell. Without thinking, she gasped in surprise, causing the people to start looking around for the source of the noise. "I'm going to be right back. I want to check something," she heard Zach tell someone she couldn't see. "Alright, but make it snappy. We don't have long," an unfamiliar voice replied. Zach started walking towards the bushes where Aimee was hiding, and she tried as hard as she could to keep still. "Aimee? It's me, Zach," he whispered from somewhere to her left, and she turned in the direction of his voice. "There she is," he whispered when their eyes met. Aimee couldn't help herself, giving him a toothy grin. "See, what did I tell you?" He said. "That we'd see each other soon," she replied, her grin not fading the slightest bit. "Come with me. Owen and Claire are here too, and I'm sure you miss them too," he said, leading her to one of the trucks, where she proceeded to leap onto Owen and envelope him in a hug. "It's good to see you too, Aims," he said.

When they came across Blue, Owen signaled for the soldiers to hold their fire so he could gain Blue's trust once more. One of them, however, was a bit trigger happy, accidentally shooting Blue with a tranquilizer dart. Blue cried out in pain and tried to retaliate against the soldier, but another shot her in the leg. "Stop it! Stop hurting her!" Aimee yelled as Blue fell to the ground, fast asleep. A dinosaur veterinarian, Zia Rodriguez, stepped in to help move Blue to a transport, as well as keep her condition stable. Aimee insisted that she be allowed to accompany her sister, and Zach backed her up. They were let onto the truck with Zia and Blue, after Aimee told Owen and Claire to keep themselves from getting killed.

Aimee refused to let go of Blue's left arm, since she wanted to be there for her sister. When one of the guards tried to get her to let go of Blue, Aimee hissed and snarled threateningly at him, and he backed off. After the Jurassic World incident, Aimee was extremely reluctant to trust anybody she didn't know, and she was very sensitive when it came to people making comments about her sisters. She still dreamt, every night, that she was back with all four of her sisters, all of them happy and healthy. She missed all of the sisters she lost equally, and she sometimes asked Blue if she thought that Charlie, Delta and Echo were watching out for them. One time in particular came to her mind, a little over a year after they had died.

"Hey Blue?" Aimee asked. "Yeah?" Blue replied. "Do you ever think that our sisters are watching over us, wherever they are now?" Aimee asked her. "Of course I do. Sometimes, when you and I run together, I see them running with us, like old times. They'll always be in my heart and yours," she replied. "Yeah, same. What do you think they'd say, if they were here?" Aimee asked. "Well, Charlie would probably make some sort of comment about something completely random she saw while she was running once," Blue said. "Yeah, and Delta would probably compliment me on one of my drawings," Aimee said. "And Echo would probably be the optimist of the group, always seeing the silver lining in the dark clouds," Blue said.

The memory of that discussion brought tears to Aimee's eyes, and Zach hugged her to comfort her. "Once we know that Blue is going to be OK, can I show you some stuff?" She asked him. "Sure. You look pretty tired," he replied. "So do you," she replied. "Why don't we try and get some rest?" Zach asked. "Yeah, that sounds pretty good right about now," Aimee said with a loud yawn. She fell asleep still holding Blue's left arm, and Zach fell asleep a short time later, laying his head on Aimee's shoulder.

----

I really hope you're enjoying this story so far. It's pretty fun for me to write about Jurassic World. Until next time!