The Neo-Jurassic Age

After about a month, Aimee woke up surrounded by her friends, as well as her sister Blue. She smiled and got caught up with what happened since she went unconscious, then she asked for some time alone with Zach. "I was really worried about you when you were out," he said. "I get it. I was the same way when we were in the truck on our way to Lockwood Manor, and Blue was knocked out for most of the trip," Aimee replied. "You know, Owen and Claire decided to adopt Maisie and raise her like their daughter," Zach said. "Really? That's pretty cool," Aimee replied. "They asked me if I wanted to live with them, and I said I did," he said. "Neat. Can I live with you guys too? Owen's the closest thing that I've ever had to a father," she said. "I don't see why not," he replied. "Thanks, Zach. I love you," she said. "I love you too, Aimee. After everything that we've been through together, it's really made me realize that life is too short to wait around for stuff," he said, getting down on one knee. "Wha..." Aimee said, astonished by what was happening. "Aimee, will you marry me?" He asked. "Yes, of course," she replied, and Zach stood up, helped her to her feet, then kissed her softly. Aimee relaxed in Zach's arms, sighing in contentment. After a few minutes, the others came back to see her, and after some preparation, they left for the Sierra Nevada Mountains.

Aimee lay awake one morning, simply playing with the simple engagement ring on her right hand to entertain herself. She still couldn't believe that she was actually going to get married soon, and she was excited about the wedding. She didn't notice Zach was watching her until he cleared his throat lightly, causing her to jump. "I didn't see you there," she said softly. "I had a feeling," he said, sitting down on the bed next to her. "You know, there's a part of me that still thinks this is all a dream," she said, sitting up and kissing Zach on the cheek. "I know that feeling. But the good thing is that we both know that it's real," he said. "Yeah," she replied, her yellow eyes focused on Zach's lips. "I'm glad that I have friends who don't think that I'm a freak because I'm half-raptor, or because I have pure white skin with jet black details on my face and hair that matches my skin tone," she said. "That's part of what attracted me to you in the first place. You're unashamedly different from others," Zach said. "You're so sweet, darling," she said, putting her hand on his cheek. "Your hand is kind of cool, which is nice considering how hot it is," he said. "Maybe I can help you cool off, sweetheart," she said, gently pulling him into a kiss. It didn't take long for them to start making out, and Aimee wouldn't trade a single second of it for the world.

Aimee could sense that Blue was off. She had become extremely territorial, she snapped at pretty much any question, and she was spending more and more time by herself. "I wonder what's gotten into her," Aimee said. "I don't know," Owen replied. "Well, if she needs her space, then I'll give her some space. She knows where to find me," Aimee said, giving Owen a quick hug before she went back inside. Since Zach was gone, she decided to play a game on her phone to pass the time, and she was playing when she received a text message from Zach, telling her that he was on his way home. She finished the level she was on before putting her phone in her pocket and going outside to meet him. He had barely managed to get out of his car before she was upon him, hugging him tightly. "I missed you so much," she said. "I was only gone for like an hour," he said. "Oh, admit it, you missed me too," she said. "Yeah, I did. You want to have a picnic in the woods?" He asked. "I don't know... With the combination of the dinosaurs roaming free and the fact that there are a lot of people who would do anything to get their hands on me, I'm not sure it's such a good idea," she said. "Oh, yeah. I wish we could have normal dates instead of just staying in the house and stuff," Zach said. "So do I, but I would rather stay safe here with you than go out somewhere and risk getting kidnapped," she said.

Aimee and Zach ended up having lunch and watching a movie together in their room, unaware that someone had seen her earlier in the day...

----

The new cover for this story shows what Aimee looks like. The picture is of a character named Jaylah from the movie Star Trek Beyond. I included another picture below. Until next time!