11. Memorable night

Caution - Cringe ahead
[unedited]
—————

"Sana, I'm scared..."

I have never expected something like this to happen and bearing it longer is kind of difficult for me. This state of dahyun is unimaginable, now I get it why she was acting differently since morning. She's scared of the thunderstorms. A past trauma? A bad experience? Nonetheless I have to comfort her now.

"Everything is fine, dahyun. I'm here, don't worry" I rubbed circled her back.

She clutched my t-shirt like a kid, who is afraid to lose her mom in a crowd. The more it thunders the more she snuggles onto me. She was literally shivering from cold.

"Let's go to your room, dahyun" I somehow managed to take her to the bedroom. Our bodies didn't even detached for a second.

I lay her down on the bed, covered her cold body with blanket and scooched down on the side, still holding her hands with mine.

"Dahyun, I'll bring water" I tried to stand up but she grabbed my hands more tightly.

"Don't leave me, please..." her voice was shaking.

I'll never ever leave you, dahyun. It's my promise. Trust me.

I stood up and sat on the edge of the bed "Don't be scared, I'll be back in sec—" she didn't let me finish when she cut me off in the middle.

"No please, I'm begging you" she really begged me with those teary eyes. I'm really bad at comforting people and I'm afraid that I'll mirror her back the same tears. But at this moment I have to stay strong and make her calm.

Probably an hour has been passed. She's a little bit relaxed now but is still not ready to lose her grip from me. Her eyes were shut and a tear slipped down her cheeks. I wiped it using my thumb. She slightly opened her eyes because of my touch and our eyes met. No one uttered a word, just experiencing the silent yet calm environment. I was unconsciously rubbing her cheeks, eyes locked with hers, when I suddenly realised what I was doing for so long. I immediately averted my gaze. At this moment the wall in front of me looks a lot more interesting then anything else in the world, exception is this women beside me.

I felt a hand over mine, I looked at it and found dahyun smiling at me "Thank you" she whispered and I smiled back, squeezing her hands lightly "And sorry" she uttered lowly.

"For what?"

"F-For the trouble I caused" she has a guilt for her previous behaviour, she's embarrassed because few moments ago she was a total mess but it's not her fault tho.

"Don't! Don't you mention it again or I'll cause the real trouble" I joked just to lit up her mood.

"Are you threatening me?" she chuckled and covered herself more with the blanket.

"Yes, something like that" I giggled "...okay, I guess you should sleep now. It's already late" I said and as I started getting up from the bed, she held my wrist.

"W-where are you going?" She sat on her place.

"Living room, I'll sleep on the couch so that you can sleep peacefully" I patted her head with my free hand assuring that everything is fine.

I again tried to stand up but forgot that she was still holding my wrist. My stomach sparkled from inside as she slowly intertwined our fingers. I looked at her confusingly, even though she was not saying anything but her eyes are.

"Won't you stay here?" I have never seen this soft version of dahyun. It-It can even melt the heart of stone.

"But you have to sleep, it's already late"