II

┍━━━•☽°•°❀°•°☾•━━━┑
when I take one step closer
한걸음 가까이 가면
┕━━━•☽°•°❀°•°☾•━━━┙

Jia's POV:

It has been a few days since that...incident. I have spent all these days practising and training with Minghao. Maybe I could even call him a friend.

I know, unbelievable.

Through his assistance, I realised that I had improved quite a lot. And after a long time, I got more than 2 hours of sleep.

It made me realise that honestly, all I needed was guidance. Someone to help me out, to help me improve.

"Goodmorning, Jia!" Minghao's cheerful voice filled the quiet studio where I was sitting in the corner, writing in my journal.

"Good morning Minghao," I smiled back. He nodded as he plopped his bag to the side and sat next to me.

"What are you writing?"

"Hm? Oh, I'm just...journalling."

"You journal? That's so cool! I always wanted to but I suck at maintaining one," he chuckled. "So, did you think of any dance you want us to perform? In our duet?" He asked.

"Ah, well...there is one dance in particular that I've wanted to do, but..."

"But?"

"I'm not quite sure if I'll be able to...do it," I muttered.

"Hmm...do you mind showing it to me?"

"Oh sure, here..." I handed him the tablet.

He watched the video with concentration, his lips pursed. I adored this habit of him, pursing his lips whenever his focus was on something.

"Woah...okay, uhm well-"

"It's okay if you don't want to, it looks hard and I'm not sure if we'll be able to pull it off, I mean, you'll be able to, but I might-"

"No, no, no. I actually really love this. Like, really. And I honestly haven't tried this aspect of dance yet and- and I want to do it. I think we can do it. Are you in?" He looked at me with that special gleam in his eyes that always appears when he's excited about something. Before I even registered it, I was enthusiastically nodding my head. "Sure!"

Ha, I would regret this later, wouldn't I?

══════ ☽ • ☾ ══════

"Jia, may I ask you something?" Minghao asked me as I was catching my breath in our practice room.

"Huh? Oh sure, go ahead," I panted. He cleared his throat and I looked at him.

"Why did you...why did you choose this song?"

"Oh...why? Is it...is it too hard? We can always go for something else and-"

"No, that's- that's not what I mean. I mean...is there a reason behind you choosing this song? I was just...curious about that."

I stopped panting and looked at him again. He seemed somewhat nervous.

I swallowed. "I just find the song...really beautiful. Not just the lyrics, but the choreography as well."

He stayed silent and continued looking at me with those gleaming eyes of his, expecting me to go on.

I softly sighed. "The lyrics say how the person wishes to see his successful version in the future, not of the hopeless version he is now. He wishes to walk on a flower path instead of a thorny one. In the choreography, the one in the white is the future self, and the one in the black is the current version of him. There is a point in the choreography where it looks as if the past is controlling the future, which depicts how the things you do right now can affect your future. The string between them signifies how close he is to his future, yet at the same time he is so far away from it."

I closed my eyes and sang.

"When I take one step closer
The flower path grows thorns
Then you reach out to save me

Hey

When I meet you after time passes
I'll know (You were my future)
I'll know (I was your yesterday)
When I meet you after time passes
I'll know (You protected me)
I'll know (I desired you)
My I"

When I opened my eyes, he was staring at me.

"I'm sorry, I'm wasting time, aren't I?" I got up as I felt my cheeks heating. "Let's continue pract-"

I was cut off and left in shock when I was suddenly pulled into a hug by him. Even more so when he began to pat my head.

"Your road of thorns won't be thorny anymore, and you will meet your succeeded self soon. You have me, and I'll continue rooting for you until you succeed. Even after that."

══════ ☽ • ☾ ══════

A/N: I know the chapters are short for now, but they'll get longer as the story progresses ^^

word count: 705