EPILOGUE

*a year later*

This time, it was spring. All the flora and fauna could be prettily seen. The cherry blossoms on the trees had blossomed, and the flowers lining the streets had bloomed. So had the ones growing in Jia's little garden, as well as by her window sill.

It was a busy day as usual, yet it didn't feel like one. The day progressed slowly, as if it wanted the people to savour every single moment.

The streets were full of people. Of little and older kids, who were returning home from school. Of the ladies who were outside hanging out, or shopping around for groceries and whatnot. Of old ladies who were sitting by their small stalls, talking to the people. The cries of the seagulls and the sound of the waves hitting the land could be heard which drowned out the chatter from the people.

Jia sat near the window, looking outside as she watched the scene unfold. As she turned her attention back onto the room, she suddenly stopped, a soft smile forming on her face.

Minghao sat cross-legged on the ground, painting on the large canvas he had brought here. His fingers brushed across the paint strokes, slowly yet swiftly, savouring every drop of paint and every stroke that hit the canvas.

He would often pause and take a break to look around him. He would occasionally look outside the window, and smile at the scene outside. Sometimes he would start humming along to a song. Other times he mumbled the lyrics.

Jia couldn't help but smile and listen to his beautiful singing voice, and to his sweet scent that lingered in the room, and the sound of him painting. She loved to watch him as he painted like this.

There was something mesmerizing and captivating about watching him create such beautiful paintings. It felt like magic. Like he was the art himself.

Minghao continued to stare at the canvas for a few seconds, not moving for a while, until he looked up at Jia, who was smiling at him, eyes full of adoration.

"What?" He asked. Jia softly laughed. "Nothing. I just like watching you paint." Minghao blushed a slight bit. Jia giggled and got up from her seat, walking toward Minghao to sit on his lap.

Minghao leaned down, placing his lips against Jia's and kissing her deeply. A small sigh escaped her lips as she ran her hand through his messy black hair.

When they broke apart for air, Minghao rested his forehead against hers. Both of them were covered in paint. Minghao had his arms wrapped around Jia, keeping her close to his chest and allowing her to lean up and rest her head against his shoulder.

Thank you, for bringing me here," Jia whispered against his neck. "This place is beautiful. I love it."

Minghao softly stroked her hair, not caring about the paint. "I'm glad you like it here."

They stayed like that for what felt like hours; when in reality only minutes had passed. Time seemed to stop for the two whenever they were with each other. Jia could feel the strokes from Minghao's paint brush against her arm, and she smiled.

Minghao spoke up again. "You know, if you'd like, we could settle here someday."

"Here?"

"Yeah, if it's alright with you. Someday when we get married, we could come here. Start our own family. You know."

Jia raised her head and softly smiled at him, tears brimming her eyes. "I would love that," she said as her gaze fell onto the ring on her hand. Minghao took her hand in his and gently kissed the ring atop her finger.

"I love you, Xu Jia," he teasingly said and Jia laughed as she engulfed him in a tight embrace.

"I love you too, my I."

And then Minghao realised that dreams do indeed come true.

The dream that had woken him up that night, made him long for Jia, and made him run for hours before finding himself in that garden. Spending his time there, pretending that his lover was right next to him.

And even when he had lost his memory, he didn't forget her completely. He knew, he remembered that Jia meant something more to him than anything or anyone ever did, and that he simply could not let her go, no matter what happened. Even if the world around him was crumbling into pieces.

And so he read all their texts, their letters, and listened to all of the call recordings. It was hard to remember everything, but he knew. He knew he simply could not let her go, even if he did not remember her.

Even though things had been hard on him, with his parents and his memory, he didn't stop fighting. And eventually, he ended up in Korea after being scouted by Pledis. His memory had slowly started to come back to him, and he knew that Jia was close by. He knew she was here, in Korea, but he didn't know where.

He hadn't realised how close she was, yet so far.

But it was all worth it. It was all worth it up to the moment they met again, after two and a half years.

And now as he looked into her eyes and saw the happiness in them, as he softly kissed her and spent every moment with her in the present, it truly was worth everything. Everything they had fought for, they had fought to live up to this today, and now, they finally had the happiness they deserved.

They had found each other. There was no need to run anymore.

══════ 끝 ══════