XII

┍━━━•☽°•°❀°•°☾•━━━┑
It's different, different, different
달라 달라 달라
┕━━━•☽°•°❀°•°☾•━━━┙

Minghao's POV:

Days passed by like a blur of joy, warmth and blissful moments. The days were short, but we cherished every second of them. We did everything we could together, and spent every moment together, even if it meant that it would later be hard for us.

We went shopping, we painted together, we went to different places, and even cooked and cleaned together.

It was the night before her departure. Her flight would be in the morning. I tried not to think about how it would be after she left. If I started to, I would end up crying and begging her to stay, and she would not want to see me like that. She had to leave, there was no other option.

My mom had invited us for dinner the day before. It was a very memorable day for us. Jia, my mom and Junhui got along really well. It made my heart warm seeing the three of them in each other's company. All three of the people I loved the most.

Later, Jia had told me that when she was with my mom and brother, it reminded her of her own family. That had touched my heart so much that I ended up crying. Childish, I know. But I just couldn't help it.

I had stepped outside for a while to get us dinner. I was on the way back and had stopped walking to savour the soft breeze kissing my face. I took a deep, shaky breath and opened the door to my dorm.

I put our food on the table and went to my room since I couldn't see Jia around. I was about to knock and call her for dinner, but I heard soft music playing inside.

I slowly opened the door, and found her dancing with her eyes closed, her body slowly swaying to the music. A smile immediately formed on my lips. I admired her for a while before I sneaked up behind her and wrapped my arms around her torso. Her head whipped back as her eyes widened in shock.

"You scared me!" I chuckled softly as she turned towards me and rested her head on my chest.

I intervened our hands and slowly began swaying our bodies to the slow music playing. We danced and danced until our soles hurt, and we ended up on the bed cuddling under the sheets. My heart ached for her, and I couldn't keep myself from wanting to hold her tightly and never let her go.

But even with those thoughts running through my mind, I knew it wouldn't be easy. I didn't believe in false hope, and I refused to believe that things will turn out fine. Things won't be perfect, they never are. Nothing ever is. Even if they're supposed to.

I felt her shift, and she looked up to face me, her gaze full of fondness. "What are you thinking about?" she asked.

"You," I answered.

She gave me a little grin and pecked my lips. I grinned back at her. "I love you," she said quietly but softly.

"I love you too, Jia," I whispered. I pulled her close to me and wrapped my arms around her waist. I nuzzled into her neck and inhaled deeply. She smelled like daisies. Daisies and fresh air. The combination always makes my heart flutter.

She turned in my arms so that she was now laying across my chest, facing me.

"Minghao..." she trailed off. I gently stroked her back as I waited patiently. She continued speaking softly after several minutes. "Don't forget me. Even if we end up losing contact...please don't forget about me. About us."

I swallowed, but I stayed quiet.

"I know I'm being selfish right now," she continued, making eye contact with me. "But...please wait for me."