IX

┍━━━•☽°•°❀°•°☾•━━━┑
Hiding my fear
두려운 감추고서
┕━━━•☽°•°❀°•°☾•━━━┙

Minghao's POV:

A few days had passed. We'd gotten a two-week break from classes so I got to spend a lot of time with Jia. So far, everything was going smoothly...but I sensed that Jia was still hesitating a bit. I don't know how to describe it in which way, but I could sense that there was something that she wasn't telling me.

But well, not that I blame her. There are things she doesn't know about me, either.

I walked into the practice room the following day, smiling widely as I entered. We didn't have classes for today, but I still went anyway. It had become a habit now, and I didn't necessarily have to practise. I sometimes just end up chilling here.

It was only 6:00 am, so it was still very early. My hand lingered on the doorknob, and it paused there. A singing voice inside was audible.

What kind of person would sing so early in the morning? There weren't any classes today, either. I knocked lightly but there was no response. Who would be up this early? I quietly opened the door.

There, I saw Jia; sitting hunched over the piano, her fingers flowing over the keys as her melodic voice filled the room. Her eyes were closed as she sang and played at the same time.

I closed the door and silently went to the corner of the room and sat down, admiring her and letting her voice fill me.

After a while, she started playing the last notes, ending the song. I got up with a smile on my face and was going to approach her, but she suddenly buried her face in her hands and started crying. Her entire body was shaking. I froze in my spot.

I wondered how long she had been here. She couldn't seem to stop crying.

"Jia," I called softly as I approached her and kneeled down in front of her. She continued sobbing even though she heard me.

"Jia."

Slowly, she raised her head. She looked exhausted. Her black hair was dishevelled, her eyes puffy from crying. Tears rolled down her cheeks, turning her already tear-stained cheeks red.

Her tears were falling on the floor as she stared up at me, completely lost.

"Hey...what's wrong? Why are you crying like that?" I asked, reaching out to wipe away her tears, but she shook her head and got up.

"You don't seem alright." Again, no response.

"Is something wrong?" I asked worriedly, trying to get some sort of response from her.

She simply shook her head again, looking around frantically as if trying to find some reason to explain what just happened. She sighed and leaned against the wall.

I went towards her and took her hands. "Jia..." I began to ask.

Then I noticed that her hands were freezing cold. And that her skin was almost white.

"Please tell me what's going on," I said softly, holding her tightly in my arms. "You can trust me, right?"

She let out another sob and nodded, burying her face in my chest. I rubbed her back soothingly. After some seconds she lifted her face and looked at me. She looked so sad, like the weight of the world was bearing down on her.

I felt helpless. How long had she been like this?

"Jia..." I said softly. "Tell me...what's wrong? I'll listen. You don't have to be afraid. I'm here, okay? I'm not going anywhere. I'll stay until you tell me to."