IV

┍━━━•☽°•°❀°•°☾•━━━┑
the flower path grows thorns
꽃길에 가시가 피어
┕━━━•☽°•°❀°•°☾•━━━┙

The pain was better by morning, but it still hurt to stand up.

Minghao was fast to notice that something was wrong, and he immediately began bombarding me with questions. I was already frustrated, and I began getting more for some reason. Minghao continued to scold me for being reckless and pushing myself too much, blah blah blah.

"Okay, okay, I get it! Jeez please stop, just stop please," I cried out after hearing him rant.

He sighed. "I still don't understand, you could've waited till morning and I could've helped you with it! Why even did you-"

"Because that's what I have always done, Minghao! I have always only gotten criticism for my dances. I know you always say to ignore those people but it's not that easy! It's really easy for me to lose my confidence, but you wouldn't understand, would you? You're the ace here, everything is so...so easy for you. Even if you mess up no one would care...even if you mess up you'll still be considered the best among the people. That's the thing about aces, everything is so...so easy for them."

I didn't realise it, but I had raised my voice quite a lot, and I ended up blabbering stuff without realising. I looked into Minghao's eyes and saw them full of tears and hurt. I immediately registered what I had said, and I let my arms fall to my sides.

"Minghao, that's not-"

"It's okay, I get it. I'm sorry, I'll leave. You can continue practising- or whatever you were doing. I won't interrupt you," he bluntly said and left without looking back.

"No...wait...ugh, damn it," I muttered to myself. This shouldn't even be happening right now. We were fighting over something completely useless.

I shook my head in frustration and ran out of the room.

══════ ☽ • ☾ ══════

Minghao's POV:

I understand her frustration, of course, I do, but still...that was a bit harsh.

I mean, yes, I've heard that a lot...from many people, even from my so-called 'friends', but none of them really hurt. But when she said those words, it hurt me so much. Why?

I had started to rely on you so much. I had seen the old me in you, and I held out my hand to you. You had taken that hand, and then I grew attached to you. Too attached to you. To that face that still smiled when everything went black and white. To that face who would happily greet me every time I opened the door to the practice room.

Moon Jia, I had fallen for you without realising.

And now it was too late to get out.

══════ ☽ • ☾ ══════

Jia's POV:

I searched for Minghao on the entire campus, I spammed his messages and left him tons of calls, but I had no luck in reaching him.

Night had already fallen, and I decided to just go back to my dorm room.

I entered and sat down, and I realised my sprain didn't hurt anymore. Funny, because I had been running around so much earlier.

I reached to my side table to pick up a change of bandages, but a piece of paper was felt by my hand. My eyebrows furrowed, and I picked it up. There was a bag next to it as well.

I looked inside the bag, and there were a bunch of different medicines and painkillers and bandages inside the bag. I read what was written on the paper. "Get well soon my moon ♡ :)"

I cried myself to sleep that night.

══════ ☽ • ☾ ══════