-Shopping-

-A month before Halloween-

As you were lying on your bed reading one of the magazines you found in Steve's room, there was a knock. 

"Yes?" You called out, Steve opening the door.

"Wanna go shopping?" He asked.

"Shopping..?" 

"Yea?" Steve said confusingly,

"For what..?"

There was silence.

"Well you know.. Tina's having a party on like.. Halloween?"

He paused.

 "And I thought that maybe you would like to come?" 

You stared at Steve then back at your magazine.

"I don't have any money." You said, going back to what you were reading. 

There was more silence as he stared at you from the doorway.

"Hey, hey.. Is that my magazine?!" He walked up to you and snatched it,

"What?" You looked up at him.

"That's not for you!" He said annoyed.

You stared at Steve for a couple seconds in disbelief, then smirked.

"Don't you dare!" He stood hugging the magazine.

"Or what?" 

"How about you get the magazine back if you go to the party?"

"It's too dangerous." You replied back,

"Don't worry there's gonna be lots of people and they're all gonna be dressed up, no one will recognise you.. trust me."

"I said I don't have money."

"Don't worry about that." He smiled.

"Fine." You finally gave in looking up at Steve and noticing his eyes light up a little.

Steve threw the magazine back on to the bed and walked out.

"Ill be waiting in the car." 

-time skip-

Steve soon pulled into a parking spot in front of a shop called 'Melvald's General Store' and the both of you got out soon after.

"This doesn't look like a costume store.." You asked confused.

"We're not buying the costumes, where making them." He replied.

"Oh.." You said walking into the empty store greeted by a nice lady.

You walked down one of the aisles finding a headband with horns on it and next to it a matching tail.

"Oh so you want to be a devil?" Steve said peering over your right shoulder.

You jumped.

"Uh- sure?" You hesitated.

"Cool."

As the both of you were looking around the store, the both of you had concluded that there was nothing else to buy, so the both of you walked up to the cash register to the same lady that had greeted you. She stared at you oddly while scanning part of your costume.

"And some of these.." You said, adding a large bag of mixed candies onto the counter.

"Of course sweetie.. sorry you just remind me of someone.." She smiled.

"Oh.." You paused,

"What was her name?" You asked curiously,

"El." She smiled 

You heard the lady telling the total price to Steve but you were too focused on your thoughts. El? Why does it sound familiar in a way?

"Sev, come on.." Steve said grabbing the bag packed with the stuff Steve had just bought and heading towards the exit of the store.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing... nothing's wrong." You assured him.

"Alright then, well what about that store?" He pointed to a store across the road.

"Okay." 

Soon the both of you had visited almost every store on that street and the both of you had agreed to go home and start creating your costumes.