~19~

Tom walked out of the car and rushed as fast to open your car door. You sighed, feeling kinda bad about the tension you two were in now.

He offered his arm for you to hold and you took it. Tugging on stu's jacket close to your chest.

"I'm sorry about earlier. I thought you would be excited about it. You know, it just has been awhile and I feel like we've kinda have drifted apart. Did I do something?" Tom said.

"Well, I think we've just changed a lot as people don't you think? We were just kinda in our own little bubble. You can't believe that we wouldn't change a bit after getting into highschool. We still are young, we never know we can still change more after this. Change happens" you say.

"I never thought you would say something like that. I'm sorry I got a little possessive on our last date. I just. Don't like how close you and Stu are to be honest with you" Tom sighs as he walks the two of you to a booth in a diner. You sat down so you were facing him. He just sighed as he sat down.

"Yeah it's okay, it just wasn't your fault either. Stu also was adding fuel to the flames. I won't lie, I did notice that. He just likes to annoy people" you say.

Annoy people he doesn't like.

"I just. I miss you, I miss us y/n. We use to be so close. And I thought maybe us moving in with one another we can get that back." He says.

You sighed looking at the table.

"I don't get it, why are things like this. Sometimes you say the nicest things. But other times if not the majority I feel like you're doing it cause you have to. Do you even want to be with me cause you love me or cause we are arranged? Would you even be dating me?" You say.

Tom just looked at you in shock. He sighed.

"You're just saying stupid things. Of course I love you, you're my future wife! Where are you even getting these ideas from" Tom says.

You just looked at the window not satisfied with that answer.

"It was him wasn't it? You loved me and we were doing fine before you met him." Tom said rolling his eyes. Huffing and pushing that emo hair back.

You snapped your head at him.
"Just forget it. Can we just have a relaxing day. You're gonna be here for three days do you really want to start day one with a fight?" You said Tom looked like he was gonna say something until the waitress came over and awkwardly asked us what we wanted to order.

"Can I just have a vanilla milk shake please" you asked.

Tom sighed and ordered a root beer.

"You're right, I don't want to start out our time with a fight. I'm sorry. Can you please, just be careful with Stu. Think about it, are you really going to trust someone who you met this year over me? I've known you for a long time." Tom says.

You held back a sigh and just nodded your head and Tom went to hold your hand. And he gently brought it to his lips and gave it a light kiss. He then pat your hand and gave you a soft thank you.

Despite the awkwardness. Once you two got your drinks everything was okay.

"You never showed me the music you play. I'd like to hear you sing some day" Tom said.

"Ah well I'm not that great, but sure it would be fun to sing to you. Maybe you can give your opinion on my singing?" You said.

"Well, I'm sure you are great." Tom said.

After your drinks Tom paid before you could and held out his hand to walk you back to his car.

He drove you back to your place seeing since it was getting late. You guys had spent too much time at the cafe. But you didn't mind, it actually was better than walking around. He parked right outside your gate.