~15~

"A date?" You stuttered.

It was a slow school day and you and Stu were in music class. Just hanging out and practicing.

The school dance was on Saturday and Stu was practicing his singing.

It caught you off guard when he stopped in a middle of a song to just ask you on a date.
But that small quirk just made you blush.

He could do the dumbest thing and for some reason you'll just find it cute.

It was insane that he had this effect on you.

"Yes a date! I would like to take yew lovely lady to a date. Or maybe a sleepover if your up for it?" Stu chuckled.

"I don't know, a sleep over?" You asked.

"We had one last time, you didn't have fun?" Stu asked. His mind worried if he must of done something to make you uncomfortable.

"No no, I mean yes I did have fun. I just, we were friends for that sleep over. Now we are like a couple? I don't know." You blushed.

"Oh I see, yew thinking about dirty stuff huh?" Stu smirked and gave you a look.

You blushed even more and looked away. You couldn't let Stu see your blushing face. Even though turning around wasn't any better.

"No! I just, don't think it's appropriate" you said.

"Because if your dirty thoughts? Yew know I was just thinking about a regular sleep over. I don't know what yew have plan in your mind" Stu said in his sassy tone and sat next to you just to look at your face.

"Oh hush, you know what I mean." You said.

"Hm, I don't really. Ta be honest if yew were so worried bout being proper, why did yew sleep with a random boy in a tree house alone when yew were engaged?" Stu said.

"Ugh! You're impossible Stuart! When did you get so smart?" You said burying your face in his chest.

"I'm joking love, we don't have to go if you don't want to. I just would like to recreate our first hang out. But like as a couple this time. Yew know, fresh start over?" Stu said.

"Okay, honestly I do wanna go. I just still feel kinda guilty. I'm pretty much cheating. And I don't like cheaters. So I don't wanna be one" you said sighing.

"Well. The way I see it love, yew're in a forced marriage. Yew didn't choose yew're relationship. Yew didn't choose who yew would love. So I don't think you really should feel so bad." Stu said trying to comfort you.

"I liked our kiss yesterday" you sighed smiling lightly. You now had your head resting on stu's shoulder. His hand on one of your knees providing comfort.

"Yew did?" Stu said smiling. His tone of voice was a mix of happiness, relief, and excitement all rolled into one.

"Yeah, a lot" you chuckled. You liked that he felt that way. It was the same way you felt when he kissed you. Something you never really had with Tom.

Being with Stu just really opened your eyes to a different type of relationship.

Stu did love you. The fact that he was happy to hear you liked his kiss made your heart flutter.

It felt like the kiss meant something. It was a sign of affection, and love.

Unlike Tom, you realize that you two only really kissed cause 'it was what couples do'.
You really just looked and tried to copy what couples do. That was the relationship with Tom at least.

But with Stu, you really didn't look to copy anyone else. Or what you thought a couple should do. It was just so natural and loving.

"I'd like to know what yew are thinking" sti says. One of his hands now holding one of yours. His thumb running in small circles. It was soothing.

You didn't realize how much time had passed maybe a few minutes.

"Huh?" You said looking at him. Unaware what he wanted exactly.

"Yew're so lost in thought, but yew look happy. And I'm just hoping. Well that it's because of me" he says blushing lightly.

"You are cute. And yeah it was because of you. I like you a lot. I just feel happy being with you." You said.

"That's good, so is that a yes or no for the date?" He chuckled.

"Hmm, no on the date. A yes to the sleepover" you chuckled moving your leg to bump his knee.

"Well sleepover it is. After school? Right after school we can get some food and head to the treehouse" he said.

"Right away? I was planning on getting some pjs at least. Maybe some lose shorts at least. Gotta sleep comfy" you smiled.

"Well I have some shorts. They were too long to fit me. Well. Too long to be shorts. Too short to be pants." He chuckles.

"Yeah cause you're as tall as a giraffe. Okay how about a shirt?" You ask.

Stu goes to the small closet where he keeps the instruments and pulls out a back pack that looked stuffed with something.

He opened it and it was just filled with balled up clothes. He gave you those shorts he was talking about. They just seemed like basketball shorts. Perfect for sleeping. And he handed you the bag.

"Any shirt you can have I guess" he says.

"Why do you have so much clothes here? You change after every class period or something?" You ask looking through the shirts. They just all were t shirts. You picked on out that was black and had a hello kitty logo on the front. Stu had some funny style but everything looked great on him.

"Nah, I just sometimes have them for rainy days. Yew wouldn't believe the rain here. My shoes are at the bottom" he chuckles.

"Smart idea, maybe you would do well with your tests if you just study more often" you smirk.

"Noted and will do. Will me getting better grades make you happy?" He smiled.

"Very, you gotta graduate with me" you smiled.

"I will study then" he said messing up your hair and putting the backpack back into the closet.

You two stayed and continued to practice until the day ended.