~13~

"You weren't satisfied with your fiance's answer?" Stu joked. His voice was a mix of slyness and also sympathy.

You rolled your eyes "that was in bad taste and you know it. I thought you were here to apologize for putting me in a awkward situation. Not also drag me to a embarrassing one." You sighed, you looked at your nails. A habit you would do when you were nervous.

"You find this embarrassing?" Stu says sitting on the steps outside of your home. You sit right next to him. You rest your head in your hands. Stu looked at you, he looked like he had a million thoughts racing through his mind.

"Well, not embarrassing. I just feel flustered. And feeling flustered makes me embarrassed" You blush. Stu smiled his toothless grin. He looked completely happy.

"You really want to know why I like you so much?" Stu says looking at the sky. He smiled, and sighed.

"I do, I just want to know what another person thinks of me" you said.

Stu looked at the sky, he took out a cigarette and played with it. You expected him to light it but he didn't.

"You need a lighter?" You asked.

"I can't smoke Right now" he said.

You looked at him confused. Stu always smoked when he had the chance. What would make him stop.

He sighed and help one of your hands. It was a friendly hand hold. You know the type of hand holds that meant you were gonna say something important.

"Ah love, the reason I like you so much it's cause you're you. You're perfectly yourself in every way. And I like how you make me feel. I like feeling all warm and tingly. You're beautiful and have a wonderful heart. Anyone else would of thought of me as a good for nothing jerk, but you didn't. You treated me like a person." Stu said.

"Really?" You said. You looked at him.

What he said took you a back. After what time had said you didn't expect something so sweet from Stu. You smiled. And held Stu's hand tightly.

Stu raised a brow and smiled. He leaned in and kissed your forehead. He looked down at you and you looked up at him. He had a look of content on his face. But he was holding something back.

Then you felt his lips on yours. You go eye wide before kissing back. You close your eyes and kiss back. The kiss was slow and soft, as if Stu wanted to make sure he remembers how your lips felt.

You felt his hand being place on your cheek and he pulls away. Looking down at you. You felt awestruck.

It did feel like you were on the top of the world. You felt your heart almost explode out of your chest. You could feel the little heart beats coming out of your chest. You felt like it was gonna stop working by how fast it was going. Sure you've kissed tom, but this was different. It was slower but somehow way more passionate than every single kiss you gave tom.

You felt yourself blush and all you knew was that you wanted to kiss him again. Your want clouding your judgement. You looked at Stu with pleading eyes.

He smiled, his innocent sweet smiles.
"Oh did you want more luv?" He says and kisses you once again. This time you wrap your arms around his neck making sure to have the chance to remember the feeling of his lips.

He tastes like peppermint and love.

I see why he didn't smoke.

He didn't smoke so he could kiss me.

That's sweet.

You sighed into the kiss, you felt happy. Butterflies going crazy in your stomach. You couldn't help but smile while looking at him.

"I'm sorry love. I just really wanted to kiss you" Stu said

"It's okay, to be honest with you. I also wanted to kiss you. Even though I've been denying it" you admitted.

"But, I want us to be something. Y/n I like you a lot. You mean so much to me. And I want you to be my girlfriend" Stu said resting his hand on your cheek.

"I know. But tom, our parents have planned this since we were children. Im sure it's not something I can get out of so easily." You sighed.

"You are willing to try?" Stu said

"Yeah I am. I really like you, but I'm still scared to do it. I have strong feelings for you Stu. But I don't think I can't do anything about tom." You said.

"Why?" Stu asked.

"Stu it's complicated. I don't want to disappoint his parents or my parents. And I don't want to hurt Tom's feelings. He's still been a nice guy to me" you sigh.

"Y/n. Look luv. I really enjoy yewr company. I'll give yew time to figure out your emotions. Cause I can tell yew don't know how to handle them." Stu said patting your back.

"Why is this so hard?" You asked.

"Because, well. You have a twisted idea of what love is. But y/n I want you to know I really like you. I want to make you happy. Okay." He said pushing a hair behind your ear.

"Does this change anything between us?" You looked at him. I hope you still will be able to talk to him even if you needed time to understand what you have to do.

"No, we are still good friends. But hopefully it can be something more. I'm sorry you been through a lot today. Lots of emotions. You should get some sleep" Stu asked.

"Thanks Stu, I really enjoy you being here. A lot" you smiled at him and hugged him.

"You know you make it really hard not to kiss yew" Stu chuckled. You didn't know how Stu could sound sly but also really nervous.

"Really?" You looked at him blushing.

He leaned over to you and kissed you once again. The kiss being soft and sweet. He tucked a lose hair behind your head once again. He pulled away and smiled.

"Night y/n" he said walking down the sidewalk.

"Night Stu" you said waving bye.