~3~

The piano was old and as you started to play you heard the door open. To your surprise Stu walked in.

"Hello luv" he smiled placing his backpack on the table. He walked to the lockers and opened them. He had a key to open them. You walked over to them and he took out a keyboard and a classic guitar.

"Hey Stu, I should of guess you would take music. Where's the teacher?" You asked.

"There's no teacher" he said sitting down and turning his guitar.

"What? What does that mean?" You say.

"There's no music teacher. I'm the only one who goes here actually luv. I would leave school all the time and as a compromise the school made this music class for me. They don't have a teacher but I don't mind." He says.

"Really? So no one else comes here?" You said.

"Yea, I'm surprised the teachers gave you this class." He said.

Then you sighed remembering something the principal saying to a worker.

"She'll be a good influence on him"

They want me to make him a better student I guess. Why? Is he that much of a troubled student? At least he doesn't talk back to anyone.

"I am too. But at least we can play whatever we want" you smiled.

"Yeah I was just working on some songs. Actually I wanna hear you play something" he said with a smirk.

"What me?" You said a bit shyly. You felt the blush on your cheeks once again.

"Yeah play one of your songs luv. I wanna hear ya, and know your writing style" he says handing you his guitar. He grabs his hair and bring it towards the piano seat. He turned the chair so he was hugging the back support. His hands resting against the chair. His long legs getting in the way you chuckled.

"Okay I have a song but don't laugh" you said.

"I'm sure it's good play it please" he says with puppy eyes.

You sighed and played your song on the guitar. You decided on playing your best song. You felt a little nervous. You never really played a song for anyone. Not even tom knew you played music. He would of supported you no less. But you didn't want to embarrass yourself in front of tom.

Why don't I care if I embarrass myself in front of stu?

" Waking up in a cold sweat. I can tell my socks are wet. It is real it's in my head. I'm not leaving the bed just yet..." You continue to sing glancing at Stu every once in a while he was looking at you a smile on his face. His eyes sparkled in a way that made your heart skip a beat.

" And I've had years to feel regret. Overdose on retrospect. She's my freezing a cold night sweat. I have an idea what it shouldn't be. People around me he sawteeth." You finished you song and Stu clapped and smiled bright. He forgot about his two front teeth missing. You chuckled and once he noticed that his teeth were showing he turned away.

"It's fine Stu, you have a nice smile" you said.

"You think so luv?" He says.

"Yeah I do" you said. He sat down at the piano next to you.

"You really are a talented girl huh?" He said smiling.

"Not really. I'm sure you're a better artist. Now it's your turn to play something." You said.

"I will tomorrow. School is ending soon. I'll walk ya home." He smirked.

"What? I've been played." You crossed you arms.

"Sure have come on luv, don't you want me to tell you what I thought about your song?" He said.

You huffed but nodded your head. You two locked away the instruments and started walking backpacks in hand.

"Can we go somewhere? Being honest with you I'm sure my mom won't be here until later. And it's boring being alone." You sighed.

"Sure there's this tree I like going too." He says.

Tree?

You two headed by a small forest behind the school. There was a path but Stu lead you to the middle of the forest. Then you saw a tall tree with a wooden ladder nailed on it. You looked up but saw a bunch of branches and leaves covering the top. Stu heads up the ladder and moves the branch away and a hatch was revealed. He took out a key and unlocked the hatch. He got in and looked down at me to get up. You climb up and Stu helped you up.

A tree house this is so cool.

The tree house was small but cute. You can stand without having your head touching the ceiling. The house was empty some old books and soda cans here and there. Also a radio in the corner. Some blankets on the floor and two pillows. There was a small balcony that was fenced. You headed toward it and looked at awe at the view.

"Wow, this is a cool tree house" you said.

Stu giggled and sat down. He out his legs through the fence so his feet dangled off the side. You sat down as well and just talked about random things.

"You like zombie movies?" He asked.

"Yeah! I like horror in general. Is there a theater that plays some movies around here. I use to watch movies all the time" you said.

Tom and I would always go to the movies together. Even if he didn't like horror films he always went with me.

" I luv zombie movies. Night of the living dead is one of my favorites." He says taking something out of his pocket.

"That's a good movie. I've watched it ten times." You chuckled.

"You want one?" Stu asks he had a box of cigarettes in hand. You took one. You didn't smoke often but after a long move you needed one.

You put the cigarette in your mouth and waited for Stu to hand you his lighter once he finished lighting his cancer stick.

But once he lit his he touched your chin and lit your cigarette for you while it was still between your lips. You blushed since his face was pretty close to yours. You turned away and took a puff of the cancer stick.

"I liked your song. It's real sweet. It tells me a lot about you." He says.

"Really like?" You question.

"Your a sweet girl, you got a way with words. And you like reading" he says with a smile.

"Pssh, cheesey much?" You smiled at him.

"Hehe, maybe luv." He smiled taking a puff of his cig. He looked out at the sky.

"Did you built this tree house?" You asked.

"Kinda. It was in a rough shape I fixed a few things. I moved sum of my stuff here." He said.

"Do you sleep here?" You asked.

"Sumtimes. Not really maybe when I'm to tired to walk home or just don't wanna go home." He says.

You didn't want to push anything. He might have problems at home and you aren't close enough to talk about that stuff.

"If you need me for anything and can't find me I'll be here." He says breaking the silence. You look at him and he gave you a smile, it was sweet.