seven.

CHAPTER SEVEN:

THE BATHTUB

Cassie and Dustin were hanging around in Mike's basement, meanwhile El and Mike were in his bathroom, taking the rest of El's makeup off.

"Oh no." Dustin muttered before running towards the bathroom, needing to tell El and Mike something.

"Oh no what?" Cassie repeated.

"It's Lucas. I think he's in trouble." Dustin said, making El and Mike leave the bathroom.

"Do you remember how he said he was looking for the gate?" Dustin reminded.

"Yeah." Mike answered.

"What if he found it?" Dustin turned on the walkie-talkie to Lucas's channel, but the audio was garbled.

"What's he saying?" Mike asked.

"I don't know, but he's way out of range." Dustin shook his head.

"Lucas, if you can hear us, slow down. We can't understand you." Mike spoke through the walkie-talkie.

The group could hear small bits of Lucas's answer, but not fully understanding.

"'Mad hen'. Does that mean anything to you?" Dustin wondered, "Like a code name or something?

"The bad men are coming!" Lucas's voice came through the walkie-talkie.

"Bad men. Bad men! Stay here." Mike looked at El.

Mike, Cassie and Dustin all ran upstairs and looked outside the window. There was a Hawkins Power and Light van outside, parked near the Wheeler's driveway.

"What's that guy doing?" Mike questioned.

"You don't think..." Dustin trailed off.

"It has to be." Cassie whispered.

Mike ran off to the kitchen as Dustin and Cassie stayed near the window. There were about three more trucks that were driving on the street. Dustin's eyes widened and he closed the blinds. Dustin and Cassie ran into the kitchen.

"Mike!" Dustin screamed.

"One second." Mike held up a finger.

"Mike!" Cassie yelled.

"We need to leave, right now." Dustin panted.

Dustin and Cassie ran back downstairs, exiting through the basement door. The three hurriedly got onto their bikes and left. There were at least ten men walking towards them.

"Go, go, go, go!" Dustin shouted, "Oh, my God. Oh, my God. Oh, my God."

Dustin must've gotten a way to talk to Lucas, since he ordered them to go to Elm and Cherry. The group looked behind and suddenly two vans were behind them.

"Shit!" Dustin screamed.

"This way, come on!" Mike declared.