ten.

CHAPTER TEN:

TRICK OR TREAT, FREAK

[ A/N: ITALICS = FLASHBACK ]

Cassie put a puff of more hairspray in her hair and looked in the mirror. She was going as Dana Barrett, from Ghostbusters. The rest of the boys were dressing up as Ghostbusters characters too. She re-straightened her dark orange shirt and had brown pants on, modifying the look and not wanting to wear a dress at school. She left the bathroom and saw Hopper making breakfast in the kitchen.

"Good morning." Cassie greeted and took her seat at the table.

"Morning." Hopper replied back, "Who are you supposed to be?"

"Dana Barrett, from Ghostbusters. I am sure I told you this already." Cassie chuckled.

Cassie noticed El walking out with a sheet covering her, two holes where her eyes are supposed to be. Cassie bit back a smirk.

"Oh, Jesus!" Hopper looked at El and jumped.

"Ghost." El stated blankly.

"Yeah, I see that." Hopper put three plates down on the table.

"Halloween." El said.

"Sure is." Hopper drawled, "But right now, it's breakfast, okay? Come on, let's eat."

"They wouldn't see me." El commented.

"Who wouldn't see you?" Hopper asked.

"The bad men." El replied.

"What are you talking about?" Hopper wondered.

"Trick or treat." El shrugged.

"You want to go trick or treating?" Hopper shook his head and stood up.

"Yes, but-" El began.

"Yeah, so you know the answer." Hopper cut her off.

"No, but they wouldn't see me." El argued.

"No. Hey. I don't care." Hopper stated.

"But they wouldn't see me." El repeated.

"Come on, Hop. It's just one night." Cassie pointed out.

"I don't care, all right? How would you even explain a girl in a ghost costume following you all night, Cassie?" Hopper countered.

"Make something up, I don't know." Cassie shrugged.

"No. Stop." Hopper put his hands on both of the girls' shoulders, "If El goes out there, ghost or not, it's a risk. We don't take risks. All right? They're stupid, and..."

"We're not stupid." Both girls stated defeatedly.

"Exactly. Now, you take that off." Hopper gestured towards the ghost costume, "Sit down and eat. Your food's getting old."