twelve.

CHAPTER TWELVE:

WILL THE WISE

Cassie and Mike found Will on the school field. He was standing there like he was in some sort of trance, his eyes were closed and moving rapidly. They heard that Joyce was coming and told Lucas to tell her where he was.

"Will!" Joyce shouted, the rest of the kids came outside with her too.

"We just found him like this!" Mike explained, "I think he's having another episode!"

"Will! Will! Will!" Joyce shook Will's shoulders, "Sweetie, wake up! It's mom! Will! Will, wake up! Can you hear me? Will, please, just wake up. Please, wake up! It's mom! It's me!"

Will's eyes suddenly snapped open. A few minutes afterward, Joyce was taking him home. Cassie, Mike, Max, Lucas and Dustin were still waiting near the school.

"Okay, that totally freaked me out." Max admitted, "Did that not freak you guys out?"

"Two episodes in two days." Lucas stated.

"It's getting worse." Mike said.

"You think it's True Sight?" Lucas asked.

"What's True Sight?" Max questioned.

"It's nothing." Lucas answered.

Cassie had arrived home late, and the house was completely a mess. Shards of glass everywhere on the ground, some furniture shifted to the side, and a cabinet on the floor. Shit. She had definitely missed something. 

The next day at school, the group, excluding Dustin and Will, were standing by the trash dumpster next to the school, with Lucas in it. The rest of them were holding long, wooden sticks.

"Stop being a baby and do it already!" Mike ordered.

"This is so disgusting." Max scrunched up her nose, "Is this really necessary?

"What the hell's going on?" Dustin walked up.

"What do you think? We're looking for Dart." Mike replied.

"Even though it makes no sense that Dart would be here. He's probably God knows where by now." Cassie crossed her arms.

"Oh yeah, do you have any better ideas on where to look, Cassie?" Mike spat.

"Yes, actually. It's called anywhere that's not a dumpster." Cassie responded.

Suddenly, a couple of trash bags were being thrown over the dumpster. The people who were outside the dumpster took a huge step back.

"Jesus!"

"Ugh!"

Lucas jumped out of the trash bin.

"Well, well, well. Look who finally decided to show up." Lucas taunted, "After I drew the short straw. Real convenient."

"You stink." Max made her way to Dustin's side.