🄂🄆

TW!

RENJUN pull the trigger nonstop, his eyes not leaving the dead body on the floor. Blood sticking out. Although the person is sure dead, his emotion took over and he continue to shoot. "Renjun, stop it" Mark push his arm down. "Jaemin is in possible of cardiac arrest?"

"Hajin is taking care of him, don't worry too much"

"It's because of me" He cock the gun shooting the dead body in front of him again. That person on the ground is the one who shot Jaemin in a dangerous spot. And he could not stop himself from getting revenge in behalf of his best friend. Even after the years Jaemin suddenly avoided him, he never stop looking at Jaemin as his closest friend.

"Don't blame yourself."

"Who else am I supposed to blame for?! I ask them to follow Jaemin, I ask them to watch every move he does, and I was the one who has the first word and whatever comes out of me, they does it" He raps through his words. "Jaemin is safe. That's it. Don't think of anything else. What you're supposed to be thinking right now is.."

"How you'll break it off to Jaemin that you've been backstabbing your Mom since he started his move"

"I'm not on the same side as Jaemin, if you're thinking I am"

"Sure. If you're not, you should be there at his house now. Dragging your wife out while Jaemin is deeply asleep but you're not, may I know why?" Mark points out. Renjun sighs, his grip on the weapon loosening. "Hajin...I showed her I'm the boss, I showed her who's she suppose to be under of but no matter what I do, it's Jaemin whom she's calling for"

"I was the one beside her on the bed but she's muttering an another man's name"

"That only proves that no matter how hard I try, no matter how much I threatened her, no matter how much I try to treat her like how Jaemin treats her, I can't do it"

"I can't replace Jaemin"

"I came to the point that I had a deep thought. I told myself that if I, for once, fight my Mom back, maybe I could correct everything. Maybe I could do the same. Do what Jaemin is secretly doing for me. Jaemin spend his teenage years trying to fill the gaps I have by leaving his own empty. He won't talk about it but, I knew he has no one"

"And if I were to take Hajin from him as well, what kind of human being am I?"

Hajin shut the book close, none of the scenarios in the book were processing in her head. It's been 72 hours, Jaemin hasn't woken up. And I guess you could say he's neither in bad condition nor good. Cause one, no cardiac arrest and unstable condition occur to the said hours. Two, Jaemin's body is accepting the nutrients on his medicines fast. Three, Jaemin is expected to wake up within 15 hours.

"He looks peaceful for once, right?" Hajin shot up in surprise only to see Jeno. "You surprise me" She held her chest. "Sorry, Hajin." Jeno smiles. "I heard he's expected to wake up in...8 hours left" Jeno adds. "Yes but the Doctor said it might be earlier than that"

"While waiting, shall we have a tea outside? It's too hot here, come on"

"His Father, won't he go here to see his son?" Hajin held the hot teacup on her hand. "Jaemin's parents don't know what he's doing and it's not like they'll rush here for that" Jeno sighs. "They're that busy? They left Jaemin to his Grandpa when he was 5, and would visit him four times a year, that sucks so much"

"If they didn't visit Jaemin, do you think Jaemin will acknowledge them as his parents? No. That's how fuck up the Na Family is." Jeno states drinking his tea. "Uhm Jeno, how is Jaemin the past 4 months?" She ask, curiosity taking over her sane. "What do you think?" Jeno face her, a small smile on his face as he pull out a cig, lighting it up.

"Bad?"

"Bad isn't the right word to describe it. Probably insane"

"Hey, what you two doing?" Mark enters the balcony. "The doctor is here. Jaemin uh...response to the Doctor. You might wanna come and see him" Hajin immediately stood up, leaving her cup down on the chair.

The moment Hajin enters the room, all the machine planted on Jaemin were long gone and Jaemin seems to be fully awake already. "Then, I'll leave you to rest" The Doctor bows to Jaemin who only nods as reply. "We'll leave you two alone" Jeno and Mark follow behind the Doctor.

"What are you doing? No hug?" Jaemin jokes as she froze still on her spot. "Help me sit, please" She nods hurrying towards the bed and taking Jaemin's waiting hand. She pull the man up rubbing her hand together. "Why so nervous? I'm not a ghost"

"I...you must be hungry, I'll get you food"

"No, I'm not hungry. Come here" Jaemin opens his arm wide. "I miss you" The male hums, resting his chin on her head. "Uh, you should lie back down" She softly push the man off of her. "What's wrong? Hey, what happened when I was asleep?"

"Nothing! I...I'm just worried so, get back on the bed"

"I've been in bed for 3 whole days without getting off, stop pestering me into coming back to bed. Move" Jaemin snaps pushing her and standing on his foot. "Get me my phone" The male face her. "Why?" She asks. "I need to make calls"

Jaemin roll his sleeves up scrolling through the report Mark has handed in. He kept his eyes on the laptop in front of him. "15 million?" He look up. "Y...yes, Mrs. Huang seems to be taking her time due to your absence" Mark nervously answer. "Fine, let her"

"What? If you do, you'll end up putting Godai in the risk of bankruptcy"

"It won't go bankrupt, stop overthinking. I'll settle this. For now, find me an event organizer. I want to have a party for surviving" He chuckles at the thought. "Party? Suddenly? Is this the right time to host a party when Renjun is looking for Hajin?"

"Is he really? What if you tell me a little bit about your daily meeting with my cousin?"

"Oh...that....well....I.." Mark rumbles through his words. "It's okay, no need to be nervous. I knew it all along so, does Renjun know my place?" He assures. "He...he do. And it seems like he has no plan to see Hajin so, I guess you're fine? For now but when Mrs. Huang found out, I can't assure you safety"

"I know. Renjun is not the enemy here, it's his Mom"

"So maybe, look, I'm just suggesting, what if you settle everything with Renjun and...maybe help each other?" Mark suggest. "Help each other?" Jaemin scoffs. "Well, I was just saying cause he's willing but he's not sure if you a—" Mark was interrupted by someone enter.

"Lee Haechan?"

"I know I'm way too attractive to look at right now but I'll deal with you later, Mark. Jaemin, let's have a talk"

Hajin stir fry the dish she's trying to make. A heave of sigh escape her mouth as she hears the door open, it revealed Lee Haechan and Jaemin with Mark behind them. "It smells burnt, are you gonna burn Jaemin's kitchen?" Haechan run to the counter.

"Why did you stand up? You're barely fine" She ignores the man in front of her. "I'm bed ridden for a while now, I need to prepare for the party. You should too" Jaemin raise a brow. "Haechan, let's go somewhere, shall we?" Mark did not wait for Haechan's response and pull him out of the house. "What party?"

"You should get ready too and buy pretty dresses. After all, your husband is coming"

"Renjun?" She raise a brow. "Who else? I ain't your husband" Jaemin said in disbelief. "Okay, what's wrong with you? You've been so grumpy ever since you wake up" She snaps. "I should be the one asking you that, why are you so distant from me? Did I do something in my sleep?"

"You said you'll be back"

"And I did! What's wrong with you?!" Jaemin raise his voice. "But you did not tell me there's something wrong with your heart!" She shouts, feeling betrayed. "Something wrong with my heart?" Jaemin frowns, confuse by what he just heard. "The Doctor said you could have cardiac arrest, I search it and they said it's a problem from the heart"

"So, it's because of that? Look, Hajin, there's nothing wrong with my heart. Whatever your research has told you, it's false! I'm fine"