I. SUNSET CURVE

As soon as the bell rang, Skyler sighed in relief and shoved his books into his backpack. He followed everyone else who started to fill out the classroom, he kept his head down as he made his way through the crowded hallway to find his friends, Julie and Flynn.

He spotted them next to Julie's locker, talking to each other. Julie spotted him and she and Flynn waved at him. Skyler offered them a smile before walking towards them.

"What's up, Pabos?" Skyler greeted them.

"What's up, Loser?" Flynn greeted him with a smile before turning to Julie. "Okay, I know you don't want us to ask you this, but have you figured out what you're gonna do today?"

Skyler knew what Flynn meant when she said that. Today is the last day that Julie will either stay in the music program or get kicked out. Ever since her mom died, she hasn't played for a year. He could only hope that she'll stay.

"I'll know in the moment," was all Julie responded, making Skyler roll his eyes.

"Really, Jules? That's all you're giving us?" Flynn asks her. "Ms. Harrison said that this is your last chance."

"I know. I was there," Julie says, sounding somewhat defeated.

"See you at the rally!" A chirpy voice spoke, making the trio turn to look. It was none other than Carrie Wilson herself, handing out flyers to the other students.

"Ugh. What is she handing out?" Flynn asks in disgust.

"Desperation?" Julie suggested.

Carrie walked towards them and handed the flyers to the three of them. "Here you go. My group's performing at the spirit rally this week!" Carrie says with fake enthusiasm. "I'm sure you three have nothing better to do."

"Oh my gosh, Carrie! Thanks!" Flynn responds sarcastically.

"Oh my gosh, Flynn! Don't bother coming!" Carrie mimicked her tone and turned to Skyler. "Good luck out there, I'm sure you'll need it," she tells him before she leaves.

Once Carrie had turned her back, Skyler rolled his eyes in annoyance and Flynn crumbled the paper in her hands. "I can't believe you dated her," Flynn mumbled to him.

Him and Carrie used to date. They were really popular as a couple back then, but as time went on, it was getting really unhealthy for Skyler. Carrie always started the arguments with him and she wasn't even the nicest person to anyone, including Skyler. He already broke up with her a year ago after he found her flirting with another guy.

"Yeah, well, it's not something that I'm proud of either," Skyler responded.

Skyler noticed a dreamy look on Julie's face, he followed her gaze and saw Nick, who happens to be Carrie's current boyfriend.

"Nick? Still?" Flynn asks her, also noticing the dreamy look. "You know they're gonna get married and have a bunch of unholy babies," she tells her.

"Nick's a sweetheart," Julie defends.

"Well, you'd actually have to talk to him to know that," Skyler reminded her.

"Skyler's got a point," Flynn nodded. "And only one of them has to be a demon to make a demon baby," she whispered to her before yelling across the room.