III. BRIGHT

Throughout the entire day, Skyler and Julie still haven't talked since last night. Right now, Skyler was walking home with Julie. Yeah, both of them could've walked home by themselves, but they felt more comfortable walking together.

But the entire walk to Julie's house was just awkward. Most of their conversations were very dry and short, which is unusual for them. Neither of them spared a single glance to each other. Skyler noticed this and it was killing him.

"Thanks for walking home with me," Julie said once they arrived at her house.

"Julie, wait." Skyler stopped her from leaving. "Can I talk to you for a moment?"

"Sure," Julie replied. "What is it?"

"I just wanna say that I'm sorry about what I said last night," Skyler started. "I shouldn't have acted like that to you, especially when you're moving soon."

"Skyler, no," Julie interjects. "I should've told you when I had the chance."

"I know. But you're my best friend, and if moving to Florida is what you need for a fresh start, I understand," Skyler said.

"Actually, I was thinking I could ask Dad if we could stay," Julie tells him, making the Korean's eyes go wide in surprise.

"Wait. Really?" Skyler asks. "This isn't because of me, is it?"

"It's not. I promise," Julie reassures him.

"What made you change your mind?" Skyler asks out of curiosity.

"This morning, I finally realized why I should play music again; it's to keep my mom's memory alive," Julie tells him. "All of her memories are here, and we should too." Skyler nodded at every word she said.

"So you're gonna tell Ray about it?" Skyler asks.

"Yep," Julie responded and they start walking down the path to Julie's house.

"Okay, well. If you got your answer, I'll be waiting in the studio," Skyler said.

"Sure," Julie replied with a smile before walking to the house. Skyler smiled back at her and went straight to the studio.

Inside, he took a moment to see if the ghosts were inside the studio. Surprisingly, the studio was empty. Skyler tossed his backpack on the couch and his eyes landed on a drumset, bass, and electric guitar on one side of the studio. Next to the electric guitar was a brown acoustic guitar.

"I don't think I've seen you before," Skyler said, eyeing on the guitar. He simply stared at it for a while before he went to pick it up. "Might as well play a little something while I'm waiting."

He sat down on the couch with a guitar on his lap. He zipped his backpack open to pull out his songbook with a brown leather cover and opened the pages of one of the songs that he wrote. Skyler lets out a breath before he began to play.

Youngblood thinks there's always tomorrow
I miss your touch on nights when I'm hollow
I know you crossed a bridge that I can't follow

Since the love that you left is all that I get
I want you to know

That if I can't be close to you
I'll settle for the ghost of you
I miss you more than life
And if you can't be next to me
Your memory is ecstasy
I miss you more than life