XII. DANDELIONS

That night at the Molina's backyard was full of teens, talking amongst themselves as they waited for the performance to happen. Skyler gulped when he saw how many people there were.

"What's up?" Flynn walks up to him, slightly startling him. "Everything is all set. How are you feeling right now?"

"Um, I'm a bit nervous, actually," Skyler admitted. "I can't believe I'm doing this."

"You're gonna do great, Sky," Flynn reassures him as she fixes his collar. "I'm sure you and Julie gonna kill it."

"It's not the performance I'm worried about," Skyler told her. "It's the fact that I'm gonna be telling Julie about how I feel in front of everyone, including Ray and Carlos!" He sighed and runs his hand through his hair in frustration. "I just don't wanna get rejected."

"You're not."

"And how can you so sure about that?" Skyler raises an eyebrow.

"Well, she actually had the biggest crush on you back in elementary school," Flynn informs him. "I mean, she was seriously head over heels for you."

"Um... What?"

"Dude, it was so obvious! She would always ask you to come over to the studio for 10 years just to hang with you," Flynn said. "And every time she sees you, her eyes literally sparkle."

Skyler was stunned by the information he's hearing right now. He never knew that Julie had a crush on him. "Why did I not notice?" He asked himself.

"You were really oblivious back then," Flynn tells him.

"Oh..." was all Skyler responded. Now he feels guilty for not seeing how Julie felt for him for the past 10 years. "You idiot," he mumbled to himself.

"Do you think... Julie still feels that way? Even after Carrie and I broke up?" Skyler questions Flynn. "Did she... move on?"

Before Flynn could answer, someone grabbed Skyler's hand and dragged him away from Flynn. He looked back to see it was just Julie. "We have to get ready now," Julie tells him and she turns to Flynn. "Is everything all set?"

"Yep, I'll let you guys know when to start," Flynn nods. "Now you guys better get going, good luck out there." Flynn left and Julie and Skyler went inside the studio with the three phantoms.

"Okay, you guys all set to go?" Skyler asked enthusiastically.

"Yep!"

Julie and Skyler nodded as Skyler went to grab his electric guitar. Skyler took a deep breath as he adjusted his guitar strap nervously. He hoped that everything will go as well as he planned.

The doors pull open, revealing the crowd surrounding the piano. Julie took a seat behind the grand piano as Skyler stood behind his mic next to her.

"Thanks for coming, everyone!" Julie greeted the crowd before taking a deep breath and start playing.

Julie
Running from the past
Tripping on the now
What is lost can be found, it's obvious

The crowd cheered for Julie as Skyler nodded to the phantoms as they wait for their time to pop up.

Julie
And like a rubber ball
We come bouncing back
We all got a second act, inside of us

The phantoms appeared behind the two teenagers as Julie rose from the piano bench, grabbing her mic. The crowd erupts into cheers.