XIII. UNSAID EMILY

[A/N: I'm SO SORRY this chapter took so long. I was slacking a bit, I had zero ideas, I had an entire week of exams, and I got my test results just a few days ago. I don't know when I'll release the final chapters of this book, but I'll try my best to write and not rush. I hope you guys can understand and please be patient while I'm starting the next chapter. Okay, that's all from me now. Hope you enjoy. Bye!]

After their confessions to each other, both Skyler and Julie were beyond happy that they finally got together that night. Neither of them could sleep due to the adrenaline from the performance and the butterflies swarming in their stomachs.

The next day in school, Skyler and Julie were walking down the hallway, holding hands. PDA was never really Skyler's thing, but he allows hand-holding and cheek kisses sometimes. They wouldn't call themselves a couple since they haven't asked each other to be boyfriend or girlfriend yet, but they didn't mind it, because they're taking it slow.

It was pretty weird to be at school. Because after last night's party, students kept asking him and Julie for pictures. Neither of them understood why, it's not like they were famous or something.

Right now, two freshmen that they've never spoken to asked if they could take a selfie. Julie wasn't used to this kind of attention and neither was Skyler.

"I don't know why you guys want these, but okay," Julie laughed awkwardly and Skyler chuckled. After they took a selfie with the two freshmen, they waved goodbye to them and left.

"Can I get a selfie, too?" Nick asked, walking over to them.

"I have to check with security." Julie glances at Skyler. "Security, what's the verdict?"

"Hmm..." Skyler looks at Nick, pretending to be intimidating. "Yeah," he nodded. "I think we're available for another selfie."

Nick laughs. "Yeah, you guys laugh, but after last's performance, it's pretty clear," he tells them. "You guys are gonna blow up."

"It was just a garage party," Julie shrugs off sheepishly. "Don't go crazy on us."

Nick smiles slightly. He noticed the couple's hands as he glanced down. "I notice you guys finally got together." His smile widens. "Congrats!"

Skyler and Julie share a shy smile to each other before turning back to Nick. "Thanks!" Skyler said.

"And um, sorry I couldn't stay for the whole thing. I had a ton of homework," Nick apologizes.

"It's fine," Julie assures him. "Thanks for coming."

"Thanks for inviting me."

Julie nods and smiles awkwardly. "Yeah, uh, see you around?"

"Yeah!" Nick waves goodbye to the couple and walked down the hallway.

"There's my favorite couple!" Flynn walks over to the couple with a wide smile. "Last night was awesome! I'm so glad that you guys finally got together."

"Thanks," Julie smiles shyly as she swings her and Skyler's intertwined hands.

"We wouldn't exactly call ourselves a couple yet, since we haven't asked each other to be boyfriend or girlfriend," Skyler states. "But that's okay for us, 'cause we're just taking things slow." Skyler smiled at Julie and squeezed her hand gently.

"Aww!" Flynn smiles widely at the couple. "Even though I'm gonna be third-wheeling after this, you guys are still my favorite OTP," she tells them. "And you guys are obviously the most watchable duet-ers I've ever watched."

"But it's not just singing," Skyler argues. "When we write, we draw from the same pain." Skyler glances at Julie for a moment. "We both know what it's like to not have a parent."