XI. PERFECT HARMONY

It was the next morning. Julie was coming downstairs that morning before school, she was met with the sounds of Ray singing the song from the other night. She turned a corner and she was confused when she saw Reggie standing next to Ray as he prepared breakfast.

"This is new?" Julie comments, subtly glancing at Reggie.

"Yeah, I was in the mood for cooking some breakfast," Ray explains.

"Ha! He thought you were talking to him," Reggie laughs. "Me and your Dad are pals now. It's a little one sided, but it works," he informs the girl and Julie raises her eyebrows at him slightly.

"Look, after the talk we had the other night," Ray starts. "I was thinking that I may have cost you an opportunity with that manager. So, I was thinking—"

"Dad, no," Julie cuts him off. "I should've never snuck out.

"Let the man speak. He's been stress eating all week," Reggie tells her. "I don't know where he puts it though, it's like... firm." He motions around the man's stomach.

"I know, and I really want to support you and your band," Ray says. "So I called in some favors, and I booked you a local gig."

"Best Dad ever!" Reggie exclaims.

Julie grins excitedly. "Oh my gosh! Where? Did you call your buddy from Drakes?"

"Not quite," Ray says awkwardly. "I called Flynn, and she's going to help us throw a party. Here. Tonight."

"Oh, so you booked us a gig at out house," Julie clarifies.

"Maybe I was a bit too early with the "Best Dad Ever" award," Reggie whispers.

"Alright, hear me out. You invite some of your friends over, you play with your band and I'll get some of my colleagues to put you on film," Ray explains. "That way, you'll have something professional for your Youtube."

"You'd do that for me?" Julie asks softly.

"Yeah," Ray nods.

"Back to Best Dad Ever," Reggie added with a smile.

"Oh, and by the way. Is there something going on between you and Skyler that I don't know about?" Ray asked suddenly.

Julie's eyes widens. "Um, what do you mean by that exactly?" She asked.

"Do you like him at all?" The man asked.

"What? No! No, of course not!" Julie protested as she blushed heavily. "I-I don't like him. We're just really close friends, that's all."

"I don't know. It seems pretty obvious that you've got a crush," Reggie smirks and Julie subtly gives him a side eyed glare.

"Okay, I was just asking," Ray says sheepishly as he puts his hands up in surrender. "No need to get very defensive." He grabs his coffee cup and heads over to leave the kitchen.

"Have a good day at work, Ray!" Reggie shouts out, as if Ray could actually hear him. "It's cool, you don't have to answer." He warped out of the kitchen and Julie shakes her head at him.

***

Later that afternoon in school, Julie and Skyler were at Julie's locker. Julie was informing Skyler about the party she's throwing at her house and they're gonna invite some people from school. She added that her Dad is going to help film them and put it on Youtube. That way, more people can see them perform.

"So what do you think?" Julie asked Skyler, who was leaning against the lockers on his back.

"Yeah, I think it's a great idea," Skyler nodded in agreement. "It could definitely help our band reach more people and grow popular."