VII. THE DANCE

After the teenagers went back to their houses, Skyler finally gets ready for the dance. He changed out of the clothes that he had been wearing, into the clothes he picked out for the dance. He picked out a black t-shirt and a black leather jacket, along with a pair of converse and denim jeans.

Skyler looked at himself in the mirror for a good 5 minutes before deciding that he was ready to go. He grabbed his house keys and refilled Ben's food and water before he left the house. He had already texted Ray to take care of Ben while he's at the dance.

He walked over to Julie's to pick up Julie and his guitar in the studio. Skyler made his way up the stairs to the front porch and pressed the doorbell. He quickly fixed himself up while he waited in front of the door. The door soon opened, revealing Julie, wearing a different outfit.

"Hey," Julie greeted him.

"Hey," Skyler simply returned the greeting. "You ready to go?"

"Yeah, just give me one moment," Julie said and closed the door behind her. Skyler noticed that she was carrying some sort of device in her hand.

"What's that?" Skyler asks, pointing at the device.

"Oh, this is my "hologram projector"," Julie said, making a quotation mark gesture and Skyler raises a brow. "It'll make it look more believable so people won't start asking questions," she explains.

"Oh, okay then," Skyler nodded. "Speaking of holograms, have you seen the guys anywhere?"

"No, I haven't seen them since we left Carrie's," Julie tells him. "What if they don't show up for the dance?"

"They will," Skyler assures her. "They have to. They know how important this is to us. We just have to trust them."

"Right," Julie nodded.

Skyler glanced down at the outfit Julie had on. She was wearing a tie-dyed crop top and side-striped pants with a pair of white sneakers. "You look amazing, by the way," Skyler said.

Julie smiled. "Thanks. It's my mom's," she tells him. "I finally went through her stuff."

"I'm sure she would've loved seeing you wear that," Skyler says softly, making Julie smile a little brighter.

"So, are we ready to go?" Julie asked.

"Yeah, just let me go get my guitar real quick," Skyler said before he rushed to the studio to grab his guitar. Before he left the studio, his eyes glimpsed at the boys' instruments sitting there.

"Please be there, you guys," Skyler whispered under his breath before he pulled the door close.

***

8:30 PM

By the time Julie and Skyler arrived at the dance, they were blown away by the decorations and lights that Flynn had put together. There was music blasting and the gym was filled with students who are now jamming out.

Julie grabbed Skyler's hand, dragging him through the large crowd to the stage, where Flynn was DJ-ing. When they approached the stage, Flynn waved at them to the side.

"How are you guys feeling?" She asks them from the edge of the stage.

"A little bit nervous," Julie admits with a small shrug.