IV. THEY'RE GHOSTS!

The crowd was stunned and are now looking at Julie and Skyler alone on the stage. Skyler looked nervously at the crowd while Julie couldn't move an inch from how anxious she was. How are we gonna get out of this now? Skyler pondered.

"Hey, where did the rest of the band go?" The technician asks the two teens.

"Wait, were those holograms?" One of Carrie's dancers asks with excitement. Julie and Skyler immediately turned to her and nodded quickly.

"Yes!" Julie spoke. "Yes, they were holograms. Um, Skyler plugged it into the ceiling projector before the show," she explains, pointing at the projector.

"I'd explain it, but it involves algorithms and science stuff," Skyler finished and the audience cheered again, making Skyler and Julie sigh in relief.

"Okay people!" Principal Lessa clapped her hands and turns to the students. "Show's over. Let's get back to class please," she instructs and all of the kids slowly left the gym.

Julie rushed to the edge of the stage, sitting down as Ms. Harrison approaches her. "Ms. Harrison, we are so sorry for not asking for your permission," Julie apologized as Skyler kneeled beside her. "I just wanted to show that I belong here."

"As amazing as it was..." Ms. Harrison starts with a sad smile. "Your spot's already been filled by another student." She pointed at the small boy carrying a cello down the stairs. Each step he took made a thud against the stairs, making the two teens and Ms. Harrison flinch at the loud sound.

"Oh, come on! That thing is way too big for him!" Skyler protests.

"He'll grow into it," Ms. Harrison says, somewhat unconvincingly. "I wish that I could help you, but my hands are tied." Julie and Skyler glanced at each other before sighing sadly.

"Mine aren't," Principal Lessa joined in and the two teens perked up, sparking some hope back in them. "And as much as I didn't approve of this little stunt that you both pulled, I will not go down in history as the principal who kicked Julie Molina out of the music program."

"So does that mean she can stay?" Skyler clarifies, a wide smile forming on his face.

"Yes. She can stay." Principal Lessa smiles.

"Thank you!" Julie spoke.

"But!" Principal Lessa stops them. "When you win your first Grammy, I want to be thanked," she informs them and the two teens nodded.

"Definitely," Julie assures her. Principal Lessa walked away and Julie turned back to Ms. Harrison.

"Congratulations," Ms. Harrison says in excitement, pulling Julie into a hug. "Welcome back!" She tells her before she leaves. Julie and Skyler jumped down from the platform and turned to each other.

"You did it!" Skyler exclaimed with a wide grin and pulled Julie into a hug. "You were incredible!" He slightly lifted Julie off the ground and puts her back down.

Julie was caught off guard and had to slightly pull away from the hug. Skyler realized what he was doing and slowly pulled away as he clears his throat.

"I'm so sorry," Skyler quickly apologizes.

"No, no, no, it's fine! It's fine, really," Julie assures him. "You were incredible too," she tells him with a smile, making the Korean smile back shyly. Julie and Skyler noticed Flynn standing a few feet away from them before they went over to her.

"Wow. You did it," Flynn speaks unenthusiastically.

"Thanks to you," Julie tells her. Flynn just nodded and frowned, which the two teens noticed. "Hey, you okay?" Julie asks.