𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝟧

AN: Okay, so, once again, please excuse my horrible photoshopping, lol.

ᑕOᑎᖴᖇOᑎTᗩTIOᑎᔕ ᒪEᗩᗪ TO ᗪIᔕᑕOᐯEᖇIEᔕ

Cedric and Ariana frantically looked around, trying to come up with an excuse. Then their eyes met and they noticed each others prefect badges.

'Of course! We're prefects! Why didn't I think of that before?' Both of them were thinking.

"Er, Professor, hi." Cedric waved.

Ariana stared at him like, 'What the hell?'

Apparently McGonagall seemed to think the same thing as she was staring at Cedric with an expression quite similar to Ariana's.

"Hello, Mr. Diggory, now could you two please enlighten me on what you are doing here long after curfew?" She asked, he stern face making the situation even scarier.

"Um, we just finished patrol Professor. We started from the dungeons and made our way up here from there. We were about to head back to our common rooms and turn in for the night." Ariana said, sort of lying.

 "All right, well, you can start heading back to your respective common rooms. Good night, Mr. Diggory, Ms. Sagewood." McGonagall said as she turned on her heel and swept out of the astronomy tower.

"That was close." Ariana muttered after she was sure McGonagall was out of earshot.

Cedric playfully glared at her. "Too close."

"Well, we're fine, aren't we?" Ariana smirked.

Cedric sighed. "Let's go."

"Sure."

The two started making their way out of the tower. 

"I'll walk you to your common room." Cedric smiled.

"You don't have to." Ariana said, looking away.

"I want to. Besides, it's not that far from here." He insisted.

Reaching the Fat Lady's portrait, Cedric and Ariana turned to one another.

"Thanks again. The first day and you've already helped me with more stuff than ever." Ariana joked.

Cedric chuckled. "Well, it isn't really your fault that the Dementors have such an effect on you. I thought you were going to pass out again tonight for a minute. Your eyes had glazed over again."

"My eyes..." Ariana then remembered the other 'flashback'.

"Locket!" She gasped. "I need to find Professor McGonagall." She said as she turned around and started running in her office's direction, leaving Cedric very confused.

Ariana remembered him and turned before reaching the corner. "Thank you once again Cedric! Goodnight, see you tomorrow!" And then she turned and started running towards her Head of House's office once more.

Cedric stood in front of the Fat Lady for a few minutes. 

"Aren't you going back to your common room, dear?" A voice snapped him back to reality.

He looked up at the portrait. "Oh, right, sorry." He said and started in the direction of his common room, all the way down in the basements.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

Ariana didn't stop running until reached the office. She knocked on the door, praying her Transfiguration Professor was inside.

"Come in."