𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝟨

ᖴIᖴTᕼ ᖴIᖇᔕT ᗪᗩY Oᖴ ᔕᑕᕼOOᒪ

"ARIANA, WE OVERSLEPT! YOU DIDN'T TURN ON YOUR ALARM! IT'S 8:44, CLASS IS IN SIXTEEN MINUTES!"

Ariana just snuggled further into her pillows. "Shut up...not gonna fall for that one..."

"NO, Ariana! Seriously!" 

"Go away!" Ariana groaned.

"Suit yourself. If our class turns out to be Herbology, you're doomed." And then she heard the door slam shut.

Just as a precaution, Ariana opened one eye to look at the clock on the wall. She shot out of bed so fast that it would've looked like a blur if someone was watching. She cast her hand over her bedsheets and in the blink of an eye, purple mist had made her bed. She began cursing herself as she rummaged around her bedside table draw for her wand. Her eyes turned the deep purple they did when she was annoyed or upset, which in this case, she was both.

Finding her wand, she cast a non-verbal spell which swapped her night-gown with yesterdays robes, since she had no time to go to her new room, and didn't want to. She summoned her already made school bag from her trunk. She always put all her school textbooks in her school bag before leaving for Kings Cross so that it was already made for the next day, unless it was a weekend on which they arrived.

When ready, she jumped down the stairs three at a time, reaching the exit to the common room in record timing. She ran as fast as she could, leaping over the vanishing steps and using her powers to fly through the air if the staircase changed direction, thanking her lucky stars for having memorized the Marauders Map for short-cuts.

She burst into the great hall at 8:56 in the morning, spotting Professor McGonagall walking towards her almost instantly. 

"Cutting it close, are we?" She asked, handing Ariana her schedule.

"I'm sorry, Professor, I forgot to set an alarm, and we all overslept, and-"

"Well, you best start moving if you want to get to the greenhouses in time." McGonagall interrupted.

"What..?" Ariana glanced at Thursdays classes, not bothering with the rest of it at the moment.

Of course. Just her luck that Herbology would be the first class.

Her eyes turned purple again and she groaned, grabbing a piece of toast from the nearest table, Hufflepuff.

"See you later, Professor." She said as she turned and ran off towards the greenhouses.

"No running in the corridors!" She heard McGonagall shout from behind her.

She slowed down, only to start running as soon as she was out of her Professor's sight.

"Ms. Sagewood, wait!" She heard footsteps behind her.

She froze and turned around, cringing. "Er, I'm sorry for run-"

"No, no, I need to talk to you about something. I'll write you a note for your class." McGonagall said.

"Um, okay, Professor, is everything alright?" Ariana asked.

"About last night..." McGonagall began.

They were walking down the corridor as they spoke.

"I was thinking over it, and I came across one question which I found more important than the rest. You said Sirius Black without hesitation. Like you already knew, somehow. Ariana, is there something you're hiding? Did something else happen?" She asked.