𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝟫

Author's Note:
I barely do these things, so you can tell it's important, lol. I wanted to apologize for taking so long for an update.

Hope you like this chapter! Not much of a comeback, but hey, you got one :)

ᑎO ᕼOGᔕᗰEᗩᗪE + EᐯIᒪ, ᔕTᑌᑭIᗪ ᔕᑎᗩᑭE

The month of September flew by as if the clock was free falling out the window. Ariana had gotten better at behaving normally around Cedric, but most of that was because she was distracted by none other than Sirius Black. He got sighted a few weeks back in a small town pretty close to Hogwarts. Estella had told her all about how Black was after Harry and wanted to kill him, which explained all the Ministry cars and extra protection they all got on September 1st while going to King's Cross. Ariana pretended to seem shocked, so as not to reveal that Mr. Weasley had already told her about that the day before term started.

What Ariana could not understand at all was what Sirius Black had said about Scabbers.
'𝓘 𝒹𝑜𝓃'𝓉 𝓈𝓊𝓅𝓅𝑜𝓈𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝑜𝓊𝓁𝒹 𝓀𝑒𝑒𝓅 𝒶𝓃 𝑒𝓎𝑒 𝑜𝓃 𝒲𝑒𝒶𝓈𝓁𝑒𝓎'𝓈 𝓇𝒶𝓉 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝓂𝑒, 𝒸𝑜𝓊𝓁𝒹 𝓎𝑜𝓊?'

Nevertheless, she had told everything to Estella, and made her promise not to tell anyone, even thought she already knew her sister would never ever betray her trust. Estella reacted much better than Ariana would have expected, since the man who sent her the letter was apparently trying to kill her best friend. 

Ariana also told her all about her special powers, which Estella was extremely shocked and excited about, and kept asking Ariana to show her again and again. The witch even gave her sister her wand just to make sure she could use it. It worked, but the wand didn't glow like it did in Ariana's hands.

"This is all so confusing," Estella had said. "Morgana le Fay's sister, Morgause, is our ancestor? And you inherited some super cool powers from Morgana and Morgause? And only found out after fifteen years of your life!"

"Er - yeah, I guess? I'm not a hundred percent positive about the inheriting powers part, but that seems like the most likely theory..." Ariana had said, and they had gone on and on discussing other stuff which they thought was related to this. She needed to dig deeper. She needed answers.

Estella then promised that she would do her best to observe Scabbers, who was growing weaker and weaker day by day. Ron claimed it was because of Crookshanks, which Hermione indignantly denied. Estella sided with Hermione, since Scabbers had been unwell since way before he first met Crookshanks (also because of her recent suspicions about the rat), and Harry was neutral, since he was very awkward in these situations.

On the subject of school curriculum, nearly everyone's favourite class became Defence Against the Dark Arts. Professor Lupin was an excellent teacher, and his classes were most looked forward to by students in every year. Only the Slytherins had something bad to say about Lupin, led by Draco Malfoy, who was almost every Gryffindor's least favourite Slytherin at school. Snape didn't count, since he wasn't a student.

On top of all that, there was the slight issue of the fifth-year being the O.W.L year for Ariana and her friends. Piles upon piles of homework were being set, and Ariana was barely keeping herself on track, what with all the other drama going on in her life. But, her, being a pro at multi-tasking, kept her on her spot as top of the year stronger than ever before. Luckily, she didn't have to get extra homework anytime since she usually managed to complete all the work given in class properly. Even Snape couldn't find a way to criticize her work that much.