𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝟣𝟪

TᕼE ᔕᗩᑕᖇEᗪ ᗩᑎᗪ ᗰOᔕT ᗩᑎᑕIEᑎT ᕼOᑌᔕE Oᖴ ᗰY ᖴᗩᗰIᒪY TᖇEE

The castle was dark save for the orange hue the torches cast upon the hallways, long shadows growing from beneath suits of armour and portraits. Hiding under the cloak, Ariana didn't have to worry about being seen, nor did she have to worry about being heard. She had cast a silencing charm which surrounded her like a giant bubble, and no noise she made could be heard outside of it. Worrying about audible footsteps wasn't an issue.

Creeping into the library, she saw Madam Pince doing a last minute register check for issued books. Ignoring the librarian, Ariana made her way past the tall bookshelves, coming to a halt at the very back of the library where the gate of the Restricted Section glinted evilly in the faint light. The lock was how she left it, covered in cobwebs that appeared to be centuries old. Taking a deep breath, she positioned her hands above it and closed her eyes, willing for it to quietly fall open into the air. She winced when the gate creaked, quickly twisting inside through the small gap she had made. Ariana made sure to lock it again, using her wand to cover it in more webs than before.

Moving backwards, deeper into the section, Ariana smirked, pleased with herself when Madam Pince came and looked around at the back, glaring suspiciously at the lock before shaking her head and turning away. 

"Phew," she sighed, dramatically wiping away non-existent sweat from her brow. "Okay, I'm here! Wait - oh - you can't see or hear me...if you exist at all."

Ariana kept going deeper, shivering as suspicious cold wind began blowing around. She made it far enough to the point where she couldn't properly see the torch glowing on the other side of the gate, which is when she turned and ducked behind a bookshelf to remove the cloak and silent bubble. Once Harry's cloak was safely tucked away in her locket, Ariana stepped forward and walked deeper. The books all reeked of dark magic and Ariana could feel some strange ambitious energy pulsing in her veins. Her eyes began to glow but she shook the feeling off, exhaling heavily with relief when some of that dark power dissolved.

She felt relief too soon...

There was a burst of energy — light and dark — which consumed her form, wrapping around her figure and absorbing into her bloodstream through every possible opening it could find; eyes, nose, ears and mouth. Ariana felt excruciating pain, the same pain from before...
Before, in her vision, back on the first of September.
Before, with the Dementors, it was her very first vision.
Before, when she had passed out, spent a long period of time in Cedric's arms.
Before, when she saw Morgana and Morgause, unaware who they were.

She was still unaware of what they had to do with her.

The pain increased by tenfold and Ariana could no longer hold back a scream. Still conscious enough to know how much trouble she'd be in if caught, she managed to remove her hands from where they were clamped around her mouth and create another magical bubble using her own special powers to muffle the sounds of her agony. Using that small portion of energy resulted in even more pain, causing her knees to buckle. The Gryffindor fell to the floor and let out a blood-curdling scream, clutching the sides of her head and pulling on her blonde locks till her knuckles bled snowfall.

Eyes wide open as energy seeped into her head, they were illuminated white as golden tears streamed down Ariana's face. She saw flashes of Morgana, Morgause, who she assumed to be a young Merlin, Arthur Pendragon and Winterfell Valencia. She saw many faces she couldn't recognize at all, but then came a picture of someone she could vaguely remember. Her great-grandfather from the paternal side...Alcatraz? Her grandmother Genevieve came next, the way she remembered. In her sixties perhaps, but it hit Ariana how closely she resembled someone...she still couldn't quite put her finger on it.