Chapter 8: Family

"Aaaand..." Venti scrolled through his new draft for his website, just to double-check for any disheartening errors.

"Voila! Finished." He smiled to himself, 7 Hints That Might Mean You're In Love was published. Venti personally thought the last hint, "The desire to protect a person... and your heart fluttering like a leaf on a windy day- that, my friends, is love!" was, with no debate, the most wondrous quote he had written on this new guide!

Venti pondered about the thought of some poor soul, who, had not yet understood the meaning of love, could perhaps stumble upon his advice and realize their feelings!

Riiingggg... Riiinngggg... riiinnngggggg... riin-

"Hi hi?" Venti picked up his phone after he broke out of his thoughts.

"..."

"Yohoo? Anybody home?" Venti asked while shaking his phone around like a pair of maracas, even though it would probably not have done anything.

"..." Another brief pause of silence...

"Hmph!" Now Venti was a bit frustrated, I mean- call someone yourself, only to leave them in painful silence as they await what's to come? How rude! "Helloooo?"

"How long does this circle stretch?" A deep, a bit of a monotone voice called out.

Venti rolled his eyes, "9 feet across."

"@nd.. x what binds it?"

Venti played around with his pencil, "Hm, something of which holds the sky, yet is fake in its shine. Oh, how depressing."

"..."

"Huaaaa" Venti stopped himself mid-yawn, "Ahem, sorry."

"#3#$$@1, D*ont u-" The voice cracked, "k-know t^hat ##the *dea#dLinE is CL0OSE? Hurry up -a-aalonage, already!"

"Is the signal that bad?" Venti joked around.

The voice, in return, didn't think it was that funny, "#3####! Ju8St, Hurr9Y! We d@ont hav6E all d0AY!"

"Yeah yeah, I understand the deadline is close, but I'm getting there!!" Venti nervously chuckled, ugh, his editor is pretty harsh about deadlines, huh?

" 'yEAh, yEHA', t#hats 2WHAt u always s&ay...." With a few static noises and grumpy groans, the voice went silent once more as the call ended in a few beeps.

"I should get a new editor...." Venti sighed, knowing that it would be quite hard.

-----------------------------------------------------

Love?

"Hmph!" Xiao smacked himself so hard that his cheeks become red.

You see, Xiao is quite the ignorant type when it comes to his own feelings, and so love of all things- couldn't have gone through his mind.

I have some stupid crush- he stopped himself, No, Venti isn't stupid, you're the stupid one, me! I mean- it's stupid to have a crush not- ughhhhhhh.

All of this craziness was going to make Xiao go insane, and not to mention, he still has final exams and the exam for Celestia to worry about.

"What should I even do?" Xiao wondered, "I can't even think of anything..."

"Hm," Xiao closed his eyes and thought seriously, but still- nothing could come up.