Chapter 19: Story Prologue part 2

Note: Sorry, this chapter is a bit of a dump, i got kinda sick and my arm is sore but ill try and update more

--------------------------------

"Maybe a door, or a box, or something," Xiao was just blabbering nonsense because he had no idea. They'd been given a strange set of instructions with the wildest exam he'd never think of, but a key always has a lock, right?

"Hey, you rotten bastard, what do you think you're doing?"

'Ugh,' Xiao internally rolled his eyes after hearing the random shout from behind, 'What is it this time?'

It was someone arguing with Dearabian and his goons. Of course. Those guys just can't stand a minute not causing trouble for someone, huh?

Xiao slightly tilted his head to peek around the group supporting Decarabian, they were arguing with a very scary looking person.

Bright blue eyes that seemed to glow, they had a tough looking face with an expression that wouldn't budge. What was most noticeable, though, was their long fluff of blue hair that had white-coloured edges, and their foreign looking clothes that looked like this person was a knight of ice.

"Andrius looks cool, doesn't he?" Venti joked.

Xiao stopped looking at the person and turned towards Venti, "Andrius? You know them?"

"Know? Well..." Venti had an embarrassed expression, he wasn't sure what to say, "I guess so? Well either way, Andrius and Decarabian are old rivals, literally. They've been fighting even before I was born."

"At least that's one more person on our side." Xiao noted, this Andrius guy seemed tough and unmoving, he'd definitely be a useful person to help them in case Decarabian ends up plotting something, "Do you have an idea what either of their talents are?"

"Hah? Andrius? Another bug in my way..." Decarabian spat.

Ouch, Xiao ended up overhearing their little insults, it wasn't exactly hard to do when they're the only ones screaming out loud.

"-so yeah! That's why!" Venti finished with a smirk.

"Ah, sorry Venti- could you repeat that?"

Although an obvious look of disappoint was shown, Venti tried his best to hide it.

"Aha, -sure. As I said before, it's crucial to hide your talent to other participants, but it seems like some aren't scared to openly show them, like that mechanical girl who's working away in the left corner. Decarabian is definitely that type of person, especially in front of others, but he's always been secretive in front of me so we'll have to keep an eye on him to find out."

"Why'd you ask me to share my talent then?" Xiao asked, he fully trusted Venti so it didn't matter whether he knew, but he was still curious on why Venti had asked.

"It was a bit of a joke... I never knew you didn't know that hidden rule," He quietly laughed, but felt guilty, "How about this, when I'm ready, I'll tell you my talent, okay? There's way too many people right now. Plus, I insist! Better to know your fellow friends, hm?"

"You really don't have to... but if you insist, sure."

"Aha, where was I?" Venti continued from where he'd left off.

"For Andrius, I've seen heard about him before from Decarabian's rants back home. He seems, um... very stubborn like my brother in a way, except he is able to recognize his faults but doesn't seem to believe he can change. One time, I even saw him on the local newspaper for saving an old woman from a potential crash, once he stopped a robbery, pretty sure he even stopped arson..."