Chapter 12: Closer, but not Quite

A memory, one that is cursed for most, forgotten by some, yet cherished by others.

A group of  seven. They're defiantly notable of some sort, but in this scene, they seem like friends. Or, in fact, any other group of friends. One that you'd see at your local school, supermarket...

Laughing, sighing, smiling.

"Has everyone finished work?"

"Kahaha! Who do you think we are? We've already gotten everything done! I've still got energy to spare, why don't we fight? Sounds fun!"

"... really? You're not kidding?"

"Think things through first, seriously, fighting the oldest? We don't want to start a mess right after everything has been done."

"Ah. Well fine! I hate that brain of yours, sometimes! Ugh... making sense... how irritating."

"She's right, you know? Common sense. Fighting all the time is wrong. Especially with our oldest. Plus, I don't want my new invention to get dirty..."

"Ahem, why don't we take a picture, for the memory? I heard that's what people do... they say it will encase this moment for eternity."

"Sure, it's not like we're able to be together so often, huddle up for a picture. Oh, you two, stop fighting-"

————————

"Venti."

Xiao lead him to a small wooden table that perfectly fit the two of them. 

"Oh, how nice!" Venti took his seat and stared up.

An umbrella covered their heads, and with the dim light of the evening- it created quite a peaceful atmosphere.

"Hm," He hummed, "I've always loved these type of tables, the ones with the umbrellas! Did you know that, Xiao?"

"Ah, kind of." Xiao said, but his face was drowned in his phone.

"Oh?" Venti was suddenly interested, What in the world is he so engaged in?

"Heeyyyy, Xiaoooo~" 

"Hm? Yeah, Venti?"

"When are we going to order?"

Xiao was still focused on his phone, not even taking a second to look up, and took a moment too long to respond.

"Mm. Uh huh, don't worry about that. I ordered ahead of time when I first reserved a spot here."