Chapter 15: Test

"What about the name Rukkhadevata suggested?" Morax said, "Beelzebub, don't you think it's alright to call him that whilst we wait for the below?"

"Ah, you mean-"  'Beelzebub'  held back her words, "You mean... the same name as 2nd brother?"

"Names hold great meaning. And so, perhaps naming this child who succeeds his role would be the best way to honor him, no?"

Beelzebub stared down at the child and after a moment, accepted, "Fine. Let's name him after 2nd brother... but don't expect Murata to be happy about it."

"She'll overcome difficulties in her own way," Morax commented, "Well then, dear child-"

"No, I mean, Barbatos."

"You will be one with the wind and seek freedom from the shackles we are born with, just like our 2nd brother."

—————————————-

Xiao sighed as he stared up at the beyond huge building before him.

The day has finally come I guess, time to pray on Miss Fortune up high first...

"Hey!" Someone called Xiao from behind, "Xiao!"

"V-Venti..."

Awkward, Xiao said to himself. After last week's party, and last week's small kiss, Xiao couldn't help but feel even more flustered while thinking about the young poet.

Venti said we should go to the audition together and, well... Wouldn't it be too rude to decline?

Right now, they had arrived together to the enormous building where the auditions for Celestia was being held.

The audition ran for 10 days, and you could schedule one as long as there was still space available. Since each group of participants consisted of over 100 people, and it runs 24/7, it just wouldn't make sense if Xiao had said something like, "Sorry, I can't go at all on a Sunday afternoon where I totally don't slack off! How about another time when I don't blush every time I think about you?" No point in running away now, hm?

"Xiao~" Venti tapped the overthinking Xiao on the forehead, "Don't space out!"

"Ouch- um, sorry about that," Xiao blinked away his thoughts, "Let's head in and sign up. If we head in early, then we won't have to stand in a line."

"That's the spirit, don't give up on me, alright?" Venti laughed with a silly smile on his face.

Adora- Xiao reminded himself to focus on the audition today in order to fulfill a milestone in his life, and help another in continuing theirs.

Ahem, yes. I suppose only fate knows how this'll end up.

——————————————

"Say, Xiao..." Venti asked quietly, right after they had finished getting their tag numbers, station, and small index cards on things they should know about the exam, "I've been wondering, what's your talent?"

"My talent? I guess it's martial arts, and speed," Xiao answered immediately.

"Eek!" Venti hastily looked around and hushed Xiao, "Shhh!"

"H-huh?" Xiao was surprised on Venti's strange behavior of suddenly freaking out, "What's wrong?" Too close as well, is this a habit of his?