watermelon margarita

6:00 O'CLOCK WAS APPROACHING, and Grace waiting by her door nervously.

She didn't really know what to expect from this dinner, but she decided to not have any expectations going in to the night.

Instead of her usual naturally wavy hair, she decided to straighten it, and she wore a nice floral skirt with a plain white top.

Just as she was inspecting her look for the third time, she heard the old engine pull into her base driveway.

She was about to open the dirt when she heard a knock.

Grace opened the door, and was faced with Bradley holding a bouquet of tulips.

"Hey." Grace said as she opened the door.

"Hey. These are for you." He said as he handed them to her.

"Thank you, but you didn't have to get me pity flowers. I'm gonna put these in a vase. Do you want to come in?" Grace said to the man standing at her doorstep.

He was in his jean shorts and a black tee that made his muscles look very toned.

"Pity flowers?" He questioned as he walked into Grace's house.

Grace's house was decorated very modern with pops of color here and there.

"You got me pity flowers. I imagine you got them for me because you broke my heart and now the great, poor, Bradley Bradshaw misses me." Grace said as she was filling up the vase with water.

"Whatever. Let's go." Rooster said as he grabbed the doorknob and Grace closely followed his lead on the way out.

"So, where in the world are you taking me." She asked him as they jumped in his car.

"It's a little restaurant on the ocean. Very scenic, and nice. The first couple times I went there, it reminded of you. That's why I kept going back." He said eyes focused on the road.

"Wow. What a confession." Grace said sarcastically. She was wanting to patch things up, but every time she would forget about it, she remembered the heartbreak all over again.

"Well. I'm just being honest." He said as he pulled into a spot.

Rooster turned off the car, and the pair got out and walked to the hostess stand.

"Reservation for Bradshaw." He said to the hostess as she nodded and took the two to their table.

Their table was right by the ocean. The salty air ruffling her hair ever so slightly.

The sunset was beautiful as it reflected into the nightly ocean water.

"Man, you weren't kidding about the scenic part." Grace said almost to herself, but Rooster heard it.

"Hi, I'm Heather. I'll be your server tonight. Can I get y'all some drinks?" The waitress asked.

"Can I please get the watermelon margarita?" Grace said to the middle aged woman with a smile.

"I'll have a beer please." Rooster said after Grace.

"Perfect. I'll be back with your drinks and then if you're ready, y'all can order." She said walking away.

"Okay. You can ask as many questions as you want now." Rooster said sliding in the back of seat.

Grace didn't have many, just a few major ones.

"Alright. First one, did you miss me?" Grace said leaning on the table with a smile.

"Did I miss you? Obviously. Or I wouldn't be taking you out in this date." He said with a hint of sass in his voice.

"Oh, so this is a date now?" Grace asked him with a smirk.

"Well considering I am paying for your dinner, yes." He said making eye contact with the blonde.

"Okay, whatever. Next, did u start seeing anyone while I was away. Hookups count too." She said sipping slightly on her margarita that came to the table a minute ago.

"One girl two years ago. We hooked up, but didn't feel right because it wasn't you. Happy?" He said to her, now sipping on his beer.

The waitress came back to order, and Grace got a cheeseburger with french fries, and Bradley got fish and chips.

"Happy." Grace said smiling widely. She hooked up with 3 guys, but he didn't need to know that yet.

As Grace said that he crept his hand over to her side of the table and grabbed her hand that was sitting on the table.

Grace was surprised by this. She liked it, of course. She honestly did miss him. She missed his touch, his kiss, his kind words.

"Last question," Grace started, their hands still interwoven.

"Why did you do it?" Grace said meaning the breakup. As she said that she visibly saw Brad tense up.

"I didn't want to do long distance because I was scared." He said as he looked down at the table.

"Scared of what?" Grace was curious now.

"I was scared that you would find someone new while we were long distance. So I figured I'd save myself some heartbreak, but I didn't. I though about you everyday, Gracie. I have never, never stopped loving you. I want to do things right this time, so please give me another chance, and let's make up for lost time." Brad said very seriously.

"I'm willing to give us another chance. I never stopped loving you either, but we need to take things slow. This is a date, no labels yet. Okay?" Grace said as the server brought their food.

"I think that's a good start Gracie." He said digging into his food.

"Of course it is Brad." She said back biting into her burger.

They are and had small talk about the missions they had done over their 4 years apart.

Grace was still very nervous about this, but this time around it felt right.

Grace felt like she was complete again, that she could be happy forever.

She had fallen all over again for the tan boy. She couldn't wait for their future because she knew this time it was right.

As they wrapped up their dinner and Brad payed for the pair, Grace didn't want their night to end.

They sang along to the early 2000s party songs in the car with the windows down. Life couldn't get better.

"I'll walk you in. I need to make sure you get in okay." He said as he put the car in park in her little driveway.

"Okay." Grace said smiling genuinely as she stepped out of the car.

He quickly caught up with her, and put his hand on the small of her back, gently guiding her to her door.

Grace loved when he did that, it made her breath hitch and only made her smile wider.

"I had a great time tonight, Gracie." Rooster said tot he blonde who was now facing him in front of her front door.

"Me too Brad. I missed this." Grace said as she looked into his eyes.

"I missed you more." He said as his eyes flickered from her lips back up to her eyes.

Grace leaned in the same time he did.

Their lips met and fireworks went off for the both of them.

Her hands found his light brown hair, and his hands went to her lower back, pulling her in more, savoring as much of her as he could.

This is what love feels like Grace thought.

Rooster then pulled away from their passionate embrace. Making Grace sad the moment ended.

"We should do this again, sweetheart." He said with a huge grin.

"If you play your cards right." Grace said unlocking her door.

She walking into her house and turned around to the tall brunette on her porch.

"You tasted like a watermelon margarita, and that is my new favorite flavor." Rooster then said as he made his way back to his car.

Holy shit, Grace thought. She was in way too deep.