what in the fresh hell

THE DAY HAD ALREADY STARTED AND EVERYONE was at base.

They had a huge screen in front of them and it looked like a course of some sort.

"This is how much time you have to complete the course, two minutes and thirty seconds." Maverick said while pointing at the board.

"You will also have to go below the normal altitude at a faster speed. This will be hard, and our mission is to make it home." Maverick said looking at Rooster beside me and then myself.

"Okay, let's get started. Single dagger pilots, pair up with your duo." He said to the room of pilots.

Grace was with Phoenix and Bob, while Brad was with Payback and Fanboy.

With the trackers on the plane, they could tell when you got through the course or if you fucked up.

Grace's group was third, with Brad's group being second and Hangman was going first.

Brad and Grace were obviously getting closer but still no one on base knew anything about their relationship.

"Hangman, you just left us there! You can't do that we need to be a team." Coyote angrily said at Hangman as they finished and came into the break room where the other pilots were anxiously awaiting their turn.

"I saved my ass, and to me that's all that matters." Hangman smirked at Coyote and then sat next to Grace.

Grace was furious. He was the reason they would be dead if that was real.

"Well fellas, how did you think Hangman got his call sign? He leaves people high and dry to hang out." Grace said getting up to go see Brad before he took his turn.

Grace walked into the mens locker room, not caring if anyone saw her because she missed Brad.

Grace walked into a shirtless Bradley, whistling as he was now pulling on his black undershirt.

"Damn Bradshaw." Grace said as she walked over to him.

"Thanks, Gracie. How did you even get in here?" The brunette boy said as he wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her into him.

"I just walked right in." Grace said as she put her hands on the back of his neck and pulled him in for a passionate kiss.

"What in the fresh hell is this?" A voice called, the pair separating from each other quickly.

Hangman. Fuck. Grace and Brad looked at one another trying to come up with an idea of what to say to Hangman while he was now laughing.

"She just came in here to tell me I have to go run the course now." Brad said as he was pulling on the rest of his jumpsuit.

"Really? Well, to me it looked like you were macking pretty hard on Mavericks daughter." Hangman said as he leaned up against the wall.

"You don't know what your talking about, and it's none of your business." Grace said feeling fed up as she walked angrily out of the mens locker room.

She sat on the benches and thought about what just happened while she waited for Brad to come out so she could talk about that.

Grace knew damn well that if anyone was to run there mouth to get their way, it would Hangman.

*

After the locker room incident, Rooster was taking too long so she went to the girls locker room and got changed.

It was now her turn on the sim.

She wasn't that nervous, she just hoped that her team could keep up with her.

"Entering the time zone now." Grace said as she took off.

She swerved and made sure that her fellow teammates were in line.

"Barbie you got to pick it up a little. We are 10 seconds behind." Fanboy said into the radio.

Grace didn't even say anything she just sped up and went for it.

"Get the laser ready." Grace said as she was now approaching the target.

"We don't have a lock. It's not good." Payback said.

"Well then I'm firing blind." Grace said as she fired blind and worried more about what was to come next.

G force.

Grace pulled up on her steering bar as fast and as hard as she could.

She felt so heavy, but she looked at the time and she was on track. Once she made it past the horrible G force, they made it out of the sim, so close but the team was one second late.

"That was damn good Barbie." Payback said as he got out of his jet.

"We were one second behind, technically we still died." Grace said hopping out of the jet and walking back with the pair of pilots.

"Well now all of have to listen and take corrections, so that next time we do it we can pick people who are going on the mission, and right now your definitely my pick for mission leader." Payback said.

*

The pilots just finished watching each  teams strategy and figured out what they needed to do to improve, along with Maverick exposing that this is important and there are no excuses at the funeral.

"Grace!" Rooster yelled running to catch up to the girl who was almost at her car.

"Hey." She said smiling as he came up to her.

"Hangman won't say anything, at least for now." Brad said.

"Honestly if he did, I really wouldn't care. I'm done hiding whatever this is. I want to hold your hand in public, kiss you. Fuck what my dad thinks he slept with his admirals daughter! And there is nothing more I want than to be with you." Grace said as she spilled her heart out in the base parking lot.

"I want nothing more to be with you too, which is why I've been thinking and I wanted to ask you if you will officially be my girlfriend? I know I hurt you last time and that is the biggest regret of my life and at this point we just need to make up for lost time." Brad said rambling on.

Grace kissed him to answer his question and to stop his rambling.

"So is that a yes?" Brad said pulling away.

"Yes." Grace said smiling into their next kiss.

"Also, don't forget, we have that Vegas wedding this weekend." Grace said and left the brunette there speechless.