piano man

THE NEXT MORNING AFTER their second date, Grace woke up feeling great.

As she got dressed she knew it would be a special day and her mind drifted to Rooster.

She missed him, even if it was only for a night.

Grace finished getting ready, made breakfast, and hopped in her car.

*

Grace arrived at base and her fellow classmates were outside standing around her dad as he was explaining their day.

She got out of her car, and quickly went up to see what was going on.

"Offense and defense," Was where the conversation was at this point in her joining.

"I'll be pairing you up when we get there, so everyone let's go." Maverick said as Grace stood next to Rooster now.

Rooster and Grace fell into step with each other after Mavericks talk. Grace still had no idea what they were doing today, but as long as Brad was there she figured she would be okay.

"You want to carpool?" Brad said to the blonde walking next to him with a smile.

"Yes. Do you want to drive or do you want me to?" Grace asked him as they were headed to the parking lot.

"I'm driving today babe. Your dad is around he's definitely old school. Like if I don't drive he will think I'm a pussy." Brad said as Grace laughed.

"Okay, whatever you say." Grace said hopping inside of his car.

"So, what are you doing tonight?" Brad asked her as they all started the caravan to todays class destination.

"Nothing. Also, do you by any chance know what we are doing today that involves us driving." Grace said to the boy in the drivers seat.

"We are playing some sort of team bonding game. I don't know what it is though, I was more focused on you," Brad said to her as he placed his hand mindlessly on her upper thigh.

"Well, for tonight I was thinking I could take you to my place and cook for you. If you want of course." He said almost sounding nervous she would decline.

"Ooo. I can finally see where the Rooster resides." Grace said wiggling her eyebrows.

"Only if you say yes." Rooster said as he pulled into a parking spot on the beach.

"Yes. Let's order pizza though. I really want pizza." She said stepping out of the car.

*

Once they got split up into teams, Grace ended up being on Hangman's team for their little football excursion.

Rooster was sadly on the other team.

It was so hot in the California heat. So, the boys took off their shirts and were left in their shorts.

Grace couldn't pull her eyes off of Brads toned abbs. On the other hand though, she still had a shirt on, along with her black short athletic shorts.

She knew under her t-shirt she had on a hot pink sports bra, so she took off her shirt.

"Barbie, after this game that shirt better go right back on." Her dad said to her as she tied her hair messily up into a messy top knot.

As they started playing Grace was just kind of on the sidelines, until Rooster saw that she wasn't doing much.

"I'm coming for you, Barbie." Rooster said as he started running at the girl.

"Oh god." Grace said pushing her a surprise glasses up on the bridge of her nose as she started to run away from the tall brunette.

Brad quickly caught up with her and tackled her as gently as he could to the ground.

Grace erupted into a fit of laughter as was he.

"Get up before my dad thinks that we are having sex on the beach." Grace spat out through her fits of laughter.

"Not before I get a kiss." Brad said as his sweaty face was getting close to Grace's."

"You won't get a kiss now if you want me to come over tonight." Grace said.

After Grace made her comment they got up and finished their class for the day.

In only mere weeks to come they would be risking their lives on a very dangerous mission, but at the moment, they weren't worried about that right now.

*

After Brad dropped Grace back at her car, she got home showered and changed so she could go to Brad's.

He had texted her his address earlier and he only lived 10 minutes away in a nice townhome complex.

She knocked on the door and felt butterflies in her stomach.

She didn't wait long until the door opened to a freshly showered and shirtless Bradley.

"Hey, come on in." He said smiling opening up the door wider so she could come in.

"I'm going to go get changed, so just make yourself at home." He continued as he walked away to get changed.

Grace looked around, and it was obvious a man lived here.

She walked around taking in her surroundings.

He lived cleanly, but had 80s records scattered by a record player in the corner.

He had a plant, a couch and a tv. The necessities. She then walked into a little office with a piano and on the piano was a picture of a couple.

The man in the picture looked just like Brad. The mustache, light hair, and tan. This was his parents.

Grace felt sad for him, but also the piano? She knew he played but didn't actually know if it was a hobby or if he just did when he was drunk.

"Hey you found my piano. The picture on there is my mom and dad. I think of him when I play." Brad said leaning into the doorframe.

"Sorry for over stepping." Grace said walking towards him so they could exit the mini office, but the boy didn't move.

"Your not," He said laughing to himself.

"I ordered pizza. I hope you like pepperoni and cheese." He continued looking down at the short blonde.

"Here let me play you something since we are in here. We have time to kill anyway." He said walking into the room and sitting down at the piano bench.

Bradley started playing the tempo to 'Every Breath You Take', and 80s classic. Soon after he started singing and Grace was just leaning into the piano watching him with love.

"That was amazing." She said smiling as she sat on his lap on the bench.

"I'm glad you liked the show." He said as he pulled her in quickly for a passion filled kiss.

Grace pulled away, much to Brads dismay.

"Your my piano man." She said as she grabbed his face and pulled him back in for more kisses.