Shielding

Shielding, Banishing/Cleansing, Grounding, Warding...

   If you're a witch, or at least following a spiritual path, you may have come across these terms at least once. If not, this is your lucky day! I'm going to get into the basics of each term. But first... what are they, really?

   They are some of the most basic techniques you need to learn before engaging with anything more... complex, be it something such as Deity(Spirit) Work, or just some plain divination.

   These are pretty much protection techniques, intended to ward off any unwanted, negative energies, entities, attachments, etc.

   Let's begin with my favorite: Shielding 😄

👉 What is 'Shielding'?

   Shielding is one of the basics when it comes to spiritual protection. It's a barrier that keeps negativity away.

👉 What does it do?

   What it does is it creates some sort of protective barrier surrounding your whole self. Picture a light bubble surrounding your body and there you have it! 😆

👉...Not specific enough?

   It's pretty much an energy 'shield'; it keeps away malicious energies from penetrating your energy field, while preventing important energies to leave your system.

👉 How do I shield myself?

   The most common way to shield yourself is to visualize a light bubble surrounding your body, putting the intention to protect you from any sort of harm. Also, make sure its 'texture' is thick enough to protect you.

   Of course, there are different types of shields, some having more specific features. You can also use more than one shield. If you do this though, it's best to visualize some cords connecting them.

How do I know I did it correctly?

   It's all about visualization and the energy you put into it. Energy is invisible, if you've been practicing your clairsentience, you should be able to 'sense' when it's done and if it's done correctly.

------////author's side note

   Apparently, I haven't done a chapter on clairsentience yet, I think I'll touch the subject in my the next chapter.

   Also, long time no seen 😅 I've been thinking recently about what subjects to touch, and since this old book of mine is all about beginners work, I'll do the basics.

-----////the end if the side note

   This is it for now. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me in the comments, I'll try to respond!

Until next time...
Peace ✌️