three

Introducing: Drew Starkey as David
BIG GAME

Introducing: Drew Starkey as DavidBIG GAME

EPISODE THREE

Fire.

She twisted and turned all night as she recalled the way the fire wrapped around her. She could feel the heat as it beckoned her into its embrace and the way her skin warmed along with it. She felt the power and the way she loved it.

She remembered how John asked her so many questions once he brought her home and not back to Vought Tower. She wanted to be surrounded by all the glass windows and the forests.

"You've never shown any ability with fire. I mean, it's unheard of to gain a new ability this late in the game," John said. "Did you...control it?"

"No."

"Then how did you do it?"

"I don't know, John," she said in aggravation and outside a tree lit up in flames.

                His eyes widened which made her turn to look out the huge glass windows and she breathed heavily, "I-I didn't mean to do that. I'm sorry."

              She sat down in the lounge chair with her legs sitting crisscrossed in front of her as she made it rain outside to wipe out the flames that she accidentally started. She ran her fingers roughly through her hair as she was overwhelmed with this new power that she had no idea how to control.

               "Jane, it's okay," he went to console her as he began to smile. "You should be thrilled. This is an amazing ability."

               "And what do you think Vought is going to make me do once they find out?" she practically shouted at him with tears in her eyes before her voice softened. "I don't want to destroy things."

               "Hey, hey," he crouched in front of her as his smile turned to a reassuring one. "It doesn't matter if they find out, Jane. I'll never let them force you to do anything."

                "I promised, remember?" he tucked a strand of hair behind her ear gently.

               She searched his eyes before she leaned forward, wrapping her arms around his neck in a tight hug. She mumbled with her lips nearly pressed to the base of his neck, "I love you."

               John smiled so widely as he hugged her. His heart beat so quickly and butterflies swarmed his stomach. He could've stayed there in her arms forever.