His Name Is...

Gilgamesh

The mana fluctuation I felt was constant, it was as if the mana in that particular area worked differently than the rest of the world. 

'It reminds me of Uruk...'

It only took me a few seconds to reach my destination. I stopped a few hundred metres before it and got off Vimana, not willing to gather excess attention. Walking on foot, I finally caught sight of a human since entering this world. They looked like scouts scouring the forest around their base. Clad in light armor that prioritized movement over defense, they were meticulous in their search. But they looked used to this kind of work, so its more of a routine than a mission.

There were 6 people in total. Two of them were carrying staffs that amplified their spells and were constantly activating concealing magic to cover their footsteps. The ones leading the battalion were carrying 1 sword and 1 shortsword each. Their weapons didn't have any particular ability, but had runes imbued into them, probably to ease the effort of strengthening them with mana. The remaining two had a mace and a giant hammer, clearly boasting what kind of fighter they were.

But there was one more thing I was curious about...

The ones in the back, I reckon they were casters, had the back of their clothes open. I couldn't devise the reason for this. Maybe it was due to the strange red symbols running along their back? With Sha Naqba Imuru, I knew those symbols were related to spellcraft but since I hadn't seen them before, I had no idea how they worked. 

I erased my mana signature and leapt into the sky, deciding not to collide with them in a useless scuffle. The town was 200 metres past that location. From above I could see there was a barrier around it, but it was really weak. I wouldn't even have to bring out a weapon to break it. Well, I guess its time for some answers. 

I dropped down, not bothering to soften the impact of my descent. As a result, the barrier shattered into pieces on contact with my feet and alerted every person present there. 

"Who..."

"What's going on?"

"We received no news about a scythe coming here, who is he?"

I was receiving all kinds of chatter, but before I could announce myself, someone amongst the crowd shouted...

"It's a freaking Dicathean! Shit! Everyone ATTACK!!!!"

I had no opportunity to try to defuse the situation. In an instant several elemental attacks rained upon me. Lamenting my decision to avoid a covert approach, I brought forth my armor and opened the Gate of Babylon. 

Ignoring the gasps of surprise and shock, I rained an indiscriminate volley of attacks. They dare attack me without a warning, hence they must pay the price. I'll be sure to leave one alive to ask some questions, but other than that, they'll receive no mercy from me. 

It didn't even take me a minuted to clear up this mess. The mixed sounds of shouting and bodies been pierced had finally calmed down. I was about to walk over to the one woman I had left breathing, when I sensed a mass approaching me at high speed. 

I took a sword from my treasury and held it in my hand, this new opponent was clearly different than the rest. 

They landed 10 feet away from me. It was a woman with quite the alluring figure. Pitch black clothes that showed off her curves, and white hair that flowed with the wind in a manner that would hypnotise you. But what drew my attention were the two horns that protruded from her head. They were different than that of a magic beast. No, these were far more elegant and beautiful. I thought she would attack me right away, much like her comrades. But she did the complete opposite instead.