The Beast Glades

Gilgamesh

I landed on the ground without making a sound. I was surrounded by 4 dungeons on roughly the same distance from me. The one towards southwest had a higher mana signature than the others, so I decided to go into that one.

Unfortunately there were people waiting outside its entrance, most likely some adventurers. I opened a gate and took some casual clothes that I could pass off as adventure clothing. Now, they were most likely going to ask my core stage. And considering I don't have one, I need to mention a high enough stage so that they won't suspect anything. Seris told me that a mana core of lower stages can't sense one thats higher than it. 

I walked towards them without a care in the world. When they finally sensed my presence, they brandished their weapons without even communicating. It wasn't a bad reaction speed. Although when they realized that I wasn't a mana beast, they calmed down. 

"Uh...may we ask who are you?" The woman that looked like the leader of the bunch asked me. 

"I am Gilgamesh. Are you guys about to enter this dungeon? I'm going to come along." I exclaimed.

"Wha-? I am Helen Shard, and I don't mean to be rude, but the right to enter in this dungeon is reserved by us, the Twin Horns." At her words the redhead man in the group started blurting out words like 'that's right' and nodding his head. 

"Looks like you weren't informed...I was sent here to assist you because this dungeon is going to be harder than you expect. There's a suspicion that its rank may not be accurate." I lied as if it was a natural thing to do. It wasn't my problem if they found out the truth later.

"But its only a B-rank dungeon...is it really such an emergency that they couldn't tell us in time..." The woman named Helen fell into thought. Looks like they were suspicious, but luckily this seemed to have happened before so I had that going for me. 

"Tch! We have wasted enough time. If the guy wants to tag along then I have no problems, as long as he's strong that is!" The redhead took his spear out and spoke these words, and then started walking towards the dungeon before the only other man in the group stopped him. 

"...I agree with Adam." The short woman who was sitting on a rock finally spoke up. She had two short-swords on her hips, indicating that she was an augmenter.

"If Jasmine says so, then I am also fine with it. Its good to have you Mister Gilgamesh! I am Angela!" The blond woman with quite the bust size spoke up in a cheerful manner. I gave her a nod, deciding that acting friendly here was probably for the best. 

After a couple more introductions and conversation points, we made out way into the dungeon. The giant man, Durden I think he was called, created a dome from earth magic around their horses to protect them. The redhead and Jasmine were at the front of our formation, with me being the rearguard. I had no problems with it, since complaining about your position in an attack team is the last thing you should do after being brought to a whole different world. 

The monsters we encountered first were fire monkeys. Helen yelled at us to stay in formation, but that proved to be a mistake since they managed to surround us with their numbers. Letting my senses connect with the mana in the atmosphere, I deducted that there were 8780 of them on this floor. Although only half of them were engaging us right now. 

While Jasmine and Helen led their charge and began cutting through the beasts in rapid succession, I opened my gates and let my weapons go berserk. Wishing to keep most of my powers hidden for now, I only let 3 spears come out. But that didn't mean I only killed 3 beasts. As soon as the spears pierced their target, I opened another gate in their path and guided them back to my treasury. And before they could rest, I let them out via another gate behind the enemy. Continuing this process, my volley of attacks made short notice of these monkeys. But perhaps even that was a mistake, because the party had now stopped and were just staring at my spears mutilating beast after beast. 

Anyone could guess what they were thinking...that I was the monster. However, I cared less of what they thought of me than I did of any blood getting on my clothes. 

When things seemed to have calmed down and no more screeches could be heard, in that void of silence I spoke to my companions,

"Let's go to the next floor."

Jasmine Flamesworth

Just who was this man?

His strength, his demeanor, his attitude...everything was abnormal. He didn't act arrogant towards us, but the way he carried himself indicated that it would've been the most natural thing if he did. He was capable of defeating thousands of C-rank beasts without even moving his feet.

When he told us he was a S-rank adventure, I reluctantly believed him. But never did I think that he would be stronger than our whole party combined. And for some reason, he reminded me of Arthur...

I was attracted to him. But not in a romantic way. It was as if I wanted to follow him, no matter where he went or what he asked me to do. As if a soldier following his King. 

While I was preoccupied with my thoughts, we reached the 2nd floor, which also happened to be the boss room. The boss was a giant that stood 30 meters tall, with a club half his size as his weapon. The club was made of rock, as if someone had crudely put together mud to craft this unholy weapon. It was stained in several colors that could only be blood of different creatures. 

He let out a deafening shout and pulled his club behind his back. And then grabbing it with both hands, he brought it down on Gilgamesh. All of us were too surprised at the giant's speed to do anything to protect him. But I couldn't just let him die...no matter how strong he was, a hit from that giant's weapon could kill him.

"Gilgamesh! Watch out!" I unsheathed my daggers and ran towards him, hoping to pull him out of harm's way. But soon I realized that I wouldn't make it in time, and even though my speed remained the same, my footsteps became a lot heavier. 

However just before guilt could hit me, just before the club could hit Gilgamesh...faster than I could blink, a chain burst forth from a golden gateway and held the giant's arm in place.

Gilgamesh let out a scoff and pulled a sword out of thin air. the sword's hilt was almost absent, as the blade extended in a curved manner like an assassin's knife. He swung the sword sideways, and from it ran a silver slash towards the giant's head. The giant smirked in response and created a mana barrier around him, confident in his defensive ability.

By now we were also preparing to attack the boss. As soon as Gilgamesh's attack would collide with the barrier, we would rush him with everything we got. But what happened next was something out of a fairy tale. The slash just passed through the barrier, making it disappear, as if mana was being sucked out in that space. And as soon as it the giant's neck, it got absorbed into his body. Wondering what was going on, the boss began frantically clawing at his own chest, and moments later, light faded from his eyes as his figure dropped on its back making the dungeon shudder with the death of it's master. 

Withdrawing the blade and the magical chain, Gilgamesh spat out these words, "If you want to land a hit on me then go train for another 1000 years" to the boss' body and turned towards us.

"Can I take this beasts' core?" He asked.

With Adam and Angela on the ground, trying to stop their legs from shaking, Durden standing still with his mouth agape and me trying to make sense of what happened, Helen answered him, "Y-Yeah."

.

.

.

Note: sup.

Tbate World OverrunOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara