King

Arthur Leywin

I was on my way to home after a chat with the DC. Finally, I could spend some time with my family. It dreaded me that it was right before a trip to a dungeon, but I was happy regardless.

Sylvie had developed a terrible habit of sleeping on my head. But for some reason, her balance was so impeccable that it scared me. Suddenly, one of the communication scrolls in my ring went off. 

'Huh? Isn't this the one from gramps...maybe he wants to say good luck for the trip.'

I accepted the call without thinking it could be anything major. But my expectations were botched almost immediately. On the scroll was the face of a gorgeous woman. But she wasn't any ordinary woman, in fact she was the most talked about subject among young men since the announcement about Lances. 

Yes, it was the Lance Aya.

"Are you Arthur Leywin? Elder Virion asked me to contact you."

I bowed before answering, "Yes Lance Aya, I am Arthur Leywin. Did something happen to gr-Elder Virion?"

"No, nothing like that. But something happened in Elenoir, and he asked me to relay it to you."

Her face was serious, but I could see traces of 'exactly who is this brat?'. So something happened in Elenoir...expecting the worst this time, I asked what is the situation. 

As she began to explain, I had only one expression on my face- Confusion. A certain individual suddenly appeared in the capital, ignorant of the customs of this world he ordered to soldiers to bring the royal family to him. She also told me, hesitatingly, that he had defeated her without even moving his feet. Although she insisted it was because her guard was down. What surprised me even more was that he had asked gramps everything about the elf kingdom, including how the economy worked. Gramps most likely couldn't discern his intentions, that's why he called me. But I couldn't deduct what he wanted either...

"Do we know anything else about the...intruder?" I asked her as a last attempt.

"He said he was going to the Beast Glades. Also, his name is apparently Gilgamesh, we've never heard of him befor- Arthur? Are you okay?"

I was on my knees. My vision drifting off. My muscles relaxed. Gilgamesh...was this just a coincidence? But it's a very distinct name... Wait, does this mean that Gilgamesh is real? What if he was reincarnated just like me, but chose not to hide his identity. The legend of the King of Heroes, the one who freed Humanity from the Gods, is regarded as the first true King. When I became King in my world, I thought that obeying the council and my citizens was what it meant to be a King. But then, one day I came across this book about a mad man who had gone on a journey to search for eternal youth.

The best part about it, was that he actually found it. The secret to eternal youth, the drink that will enable him to rule for eternity. That man was Gilgamesh. But as he was on his way back to his Kingdom, he stopped near a lake to wash himself of the weariness. And during that time, the drink was stolen. Perhaps by a thief? Or by a clueless snake? Anyway, that didn't matter. He no longer had the object he had spent years trying to obtain. But instead of crying and cursing, Gilgamesh laughed. 

He laughed.

Laughed that anything, no matter how important it be, could be lost in an instant. And while laughing he ventured back to his capital and resumed his reign for he had returned with one other thing, wisdom. 

The book was filled with even more tales and adventures of King Gilgamesh. In some he was cruel, in others he was wise. Numerous philosophers argued that he is what a King should be like. Compared to him...I was nothing. I was a puppet King. He was said to not pay heed to people he deemed unworthy, meaning he wouldn't even have looked at me given the chance.  

"-thur! Arthur!" Lance Aya's shouts broke me out of my dream. 

"Y-Yeah." 

"So?"

"So?"

"You have learned of everything that has happened. There has to be a reason Elder Virion told me to contact you. Do you have nothing to say?"

"...If you come across him again, treat him with utmost respect, more respect than you would give to the Kings and Queens. I have to go. Tell gramps I'll contact him later."

"I don't get what you mean...but alright." She said and cut the communication. 

I steadied my breathing and made my way towards the DC office. I needed time to think about this new situation, and I'll get it after the trip. 

...

Gilgamesh

I was staring down at what these people called the Beast Glades. 

This is strange...some dungeons have much more condensed mana than others. So this is the 'plan' that Alacrya is building. I guess I'll go pay them a visit.

.

.

.