Chapter 2 (Afterschool Basketball)

Ashley's POV:

"Um Ms. Taylor I don't think that would be a good idea," I say.

"And why is that?," she asked.

Because I don't want to work with this dumbass for the next two weeks.

"Because if I spend all my time tutoring him I won't have any time to study for myself," I replied back with an excuse.

But it's true though, if I spend all my time tutoring his dumbass what time would I have on my own self.

"I suppose you're right Miss Carter," she says, putting her hand on her chin. Yes!

"I'll tell you what, if you tutor him and he gets over a D+ on the test, I'll give you extra credit," she says.

But I don't want to work with him, let's be real now he's never going to want to put in any effort. And besides why does he need a tutor it's not like his life depends on it.

"Alright fine I'll be his tutor," I say, trying to hide my anger.

"Okay great tomorrow you can get started, I'll give you some practice questions to help him," Ms. Taylor says.

Lord knows he needs those practice questions.

"Will that be all Ms. Taylor?," I asked her.

"Yes and thank you again Miss Carter," she says with a smile. "No problem," I say with a forced smile.

I turned towards Mason and gave him a fake smile while he returned it with a smirk.

Man I would like to swipe that smirk right off his stupid face.

I walked out of the class and went to my locker to get my books.

I closed my locker and just as I was about to walk off, Mason appeared.

"Look Carter I need to pass this test and if I don't pass I'll make sure your life is ruined," he says threateningly.

"First of, Mason how can you ruin my life when your future is going to ruined because of this test, the only way for you to pass this test is if you put in the effort so don't blame me for your life being fucked up after the test!," I say with anger in my eyes.

The audacity of this asshole. Mason looked surprised for a second and then he sighed.

"Alright fine I'm free tomorrow after school, how bout you?," he asked. "Yes I'm free," I say.

"Of course you're free, it's not like you have anything better to do," he mumbled.

"Do you want me back out from being your tutor?," I say, already annoyed by his presence.

"Relax, it was a joke," he says with a laugh. I rolled my eyes.

"Where should we meet up tomorrow?," I asked him annoyingly.

"Meet me in the gym," he says.

"Alright, just don't be late tomorrow," I say, closing my locker.

"Oh and Carter, make sure no one knows about this," he says seriously.

"Or what? your pride will be damaged," I say with a laugh.

"I'm serious!," he yelled. "Yeah whatever," I say, rolling my eyes and walking away.

I don't know if it was just me or is it the fact I felt Mason's eyes staring at my back.

I walked outside and headed towards my bus.

The Next Day

"Wait so you're tutoring the player!," Brianna says out loud. "Shh don't say it out loud," I say, trying to quiet her down.

"Omg you're tutoring the hottest playboy in the whole," Brianna says squealing.

"It's not great now I have to spend my school afternoons tutoring his dumbass ugh," I say groaning.

"But why did you agree to it?," she asked, taking a bit out of her pizza.

"Because Ms. Taylor says she'll give me extra credit if he passes the test," I say while drinking my soda.

"Oh damn, I feel bad for you, you have a lot of work ahead of you," she says, placing her hand on my shoulder.

"Wow thanks for encouraging me Bri," I say sarcastically.

"I'm sorry Ash but we both know Mason isn't the smartest person," she says reassuring me. "Yeah," I say, sighing.

"But just know if the asshole is getting on your nerves, call me and I'll deal with him myself," she says with an evil smile.

I let out a small laugh. "Thanks Bri, but I think I can handle him myself," I say with a smile.

Lunch was over, I headed to my next classes.

It was finally the end of the day, I headed towards the gym which was empty. Of course the asshole isn't here yet.

I sat down on the gym floor and waited a while for him. I got bored and decided to walk around the gym.

The equipment room was opened and I walked inside and I grabbed a basketball.

I walked towards one of the baskets and started shooting some hoops. I missed a couple of times but made it most of the time.

I shot one more time but missed. "Fuck!," I yelled, frustrated. I heard someone entering the gym.

"Damn you suck," the person says. I turned around to see that the person was Mason.

I ignored his comment. "You're late," I say annoyed.

"Your shots are weak," he says, ignoring me and walking towards the hoop.

He held out his hands, signalling for me to throw the ball to him. I did so and I stood to the side away from the hoop.

He bounced the ball two times and lightly threw the ball into the hoop.

"You try too hard throwing the ball into the basket, don't think it through and just do," he says plainly, staring at me.

"Here," he says, throwing the ball towards me. I caught it.

I stood in front of the hoop preparing to throw the ball, when Mason stopped me.

"Wait stop, no wonder your ball keeps on missing the hoop you're holding the ball wrong," he says walking behind me.

"Can I?," he asked, signalling for him to guide my hands. I nodded.

It's weird that he asked for my permission for him to touch me. Matter fact it's even weirder that he's teaching me how to play basketball.

He stood behind me and grabbed both of my hands. He put them in position.

"Now throw," he says into my ear. I threw the ball and it landed perfectly into the hoop.

Not gonna lie it felt weird that he was this close to me.

"Yes!," I say with a smile. "The nerd finally made a shot," Mason says jokingly with a smirk.

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever, let's start the lesson," I say as I head towards my bag to get the practice questions.

He turned around and shot overhead and made it. "Show off," I mumbled.

He came to sit beside me still holding the ball in his hand and throwing it in the air. Basketball is literally his life.

I looked through the questions and tried to find the simplest one, cause you know.

"Do you know any of these questions?," I asked him, showing the questions.

"That's math? I'm pretty sure most of those are letters," he says, confused by the questions.

How's he even in 12th grade and doesn't understand variables?

Damn this is going to be the longest two weeks of my life.

______________________
That chapter was pretty long I hoped u enjoy it!!! 😉❤️
⛔️ALL RIGHTS RESERVED⛔️