Chapter 6 (The Library)

Guys I'm so sorry it took me this long to publish this chapter, I was having a lot of readers block.

But anyways I hope u enjoy!!!❤️❤️❤️
_____________________
Ashley's POV:

It's been two days since I've talked to Mason. To be honest I'm actually worried about him.

Tomorrow is the day of the test and he's going to fail.

I realised I should have actually tried to help Mason instead of thinking the worst of him and insulting him.

I feel like such a terrible person.

The bell rang signalling that the period is over.

I walked towards my locker to get my book for my next class.

As I turned the corner I noticed Hunter standing in front of my locker.

"What are you doing here?," I ask, trying not to be annoyed by him.

"Look, I get that you don't want to talk to me," he says.

He's not wrong. After his outburst the other day, why would I want to talk to him?

"But-," he sighed. "I want to apologise," he says.

"You want to apologise? Cause it doesn't seem like you want to," I say already getting annoyed.

"Look I've never apologise better,"
Oh I believe you.

"So I'm trying, okay? I'm sorry I've acted like such a jerk to you the other day," he says sincerely.

"Alright, apology accepted," I say with a small smile. "But why were you acting like that?," I ask curiously.

"I was upset because I heard that Mason might be cut from the team if he doesn't pass the math test tomorrow, so I got mad at you," he says, placing his hand through his hair.

"I've tried tutoring Mason but he just won't show any interest, so what am I supposed to do?," I say shrugging.

Mason is too complicated. All he ever does is play basketball and make out with girls.

"Mason has it rough," he paused and looked behind him.

"I'm not supposed to tell you this but before his parents divorced he was smart and actually cared about his grades but then after that divorce he just changed and started drinking, partying and even smoking" he says with worry.

Damn I had no idea that Mason's parents are divorced and that causes him to change and act this way.

I wonder what else I don't know about him?

"He's trying, I even saw him looking through one of the math questions you gave him the other day, he just needs you to encourage him," he says with a smile.

I guess I was wrong about Mason. He actually cares.

"Alright fine I'll talk to him," I say with a smile.

"Thank you, I'll see you later," he says, with a smile and walked away.

Hunter is alright. I guess I've missed judging the terrible threes.

I head towards my next class which is History.

After History was over I was walking in the hallways and saw Mason leaning on the lockers. He looks upset.

I walked towards him. "Hi," I say shortly. "Hey," he says plainly.

"Look I'm sorry about my outburst the other day, instead of being angry at you I should have at least tried to help you," I say, staring at him.