Winter Solstice: Part 2

Zuko pulled the Komodo Rhino forward. (Y/n) was a ball of energy next to him. Iroh was on the rhino, insisting that his feet hurt too much from the day before and he needed some "much deserved rest." The one beneficial part about walking next to Zuko was that his free hand was laced with hers. (Y/n) could almost smile but she pressed down the urge, focusing on the task ahead. Find the Avatar and all that other—

A citizen stepped out of their home, yawning. Zuko got up in their face, "Having trouble sleeping lately?" The citizen stared at Zuko and (y/n) in horror. Zuko shoved the citizen and (y/n) resisted the urge to scold him, that's all she felt like she was doing these days. "Seen the Avatar lately?" Zuko snarled.

"No— no..." the citizen muttered.

"Liar." Zuko grabbed their collar, holding his fire near his face. "How about now?"

"Okay! Okay!" They threw up their hands, "They were headed for Avatar Roku's temple."

"Thanks," Zuko breathed, grabbing (y/n)'s hand and quickly making his way back to the ship.

"Towards Avatar Roku's temple!" he ordered.

(Y/n) sighed, glancing over at Iroh. They had the exact same look on their face. Here we go again.

______________________________________

The ship was moving quickly due to Zuko's extreme impatience. "Sailing into Fire Nation waters?" Iroh wondered, "Of all the foolish things you've done in your 18 years, Prince Zuko, this is the most foolish."

Zuko was peering through the telescope, no doubt searching for the Avatar that was rumored to be in these skies. "I have no choice, Uncle."

"Have you completely forgotten that the Fire Lord banished you?" Iroh wondered.

"Yeah! And that he wanted to make me his bride!" (y/n) butted in.

"What if you're caught?"

Zuko turned to face the both of them, "I'm chasing the Avatar! My father will understand why I'm returning home," he growled.

"You give him too much credit," Iroh reminded him, "My brother is not the understanding type."

Zuko ignored Iroh completely, turning back to the telescope, "There they are," he breathed.

He turned his head towards the top of the ship, "Helmsman! Full steam ahead!" The helmsman obeyed and Zuko wrapped an arm around (y/n)'s waist, pulling her along. Iroh was quick to follow after them. But not without the quirk of his eyebrow.

They finally settled behind the catapult, a soldier smothering an iron ball with what looked to be tar. Iroh pulled out his fan, swishing his wrist quickly. "Really, Prince Zuko, couldn't you shoot them down with something more fragrant?" Iroh wondered.

(Y/n) chuckled as Zuko lit the iron ball. "On my mark." He threw his hand in the air, quickly slapping it down to his side, "Fire!" The guard cut the rope and it flung towards the flying figure. (Y/n) assumed it was Appa and Aang.

Appa swerved, the iron ball barely missing them. Then, Zuko's eyes fell to the horizon.

"A blockade," (y/n) whispered. Hundreds of large Fire Nation ships were lined up to stop anyone from entering. They were no doubt stocked with tens more fire iron balls than their ship could ever dream of.

Iroh began stroking his beard, "Technically, you are still in Earth Kingdom waters." Zuko quickly turned to glare at Iroh. "Turn back now, and they cannot arrest you," he reminded Zuko.

"He's not turning around," Zuko snarled, eyes unflinching at the sight in front of them.

"Zuko..." (y/n) muttered, grabbing his arms tight.