Prince Zuko's Love

(Y/n) awoke slowly. Arms were wrapped around her waist. They belonged to the man still fast asleep in front of her. She lifted his hand to his face, tracing a thumb around the points of his cheeks, the curve of his lips, the outlines of the burn he had earned so many years ago.

Zuko awoke, "Good morning," he breathed, his voice still husky, "My gorgeous bride."A smile spread across his face.

"Good morning," she greeted.

He leaned in to kiss (y/n) but she lifted a hand to her lips. He kissed the back of her hand. "Isn't it bad luck to kiss before the wedding?" she asked.

"I thought you weren't one to follow tradition." He grabbed her wrist, trying to pull her hand away.

"I'd like to keep this one tradition," she told him, spinning away.

"Oh... I don't know if you don't want to kiss me." He traced a finger down the exposed part of her spine.

That tingling feeling ran up and down her back. And (y/n) couldn't help her mind from imagining what he'd be doing to her tonight.

"You love honor," she teased, "So let's honor this tradition and then you can kiss me as much as you want tonight."

He kissed her back, "Alright," he muttered, "That's something I can agree to."

"Asshole," she breathed under her breath.

He barked a laugh, spinning her back to face him. "I love you, (y/n)."

She held his cheek, "I love you too, Zuko." His eyes went soft as they fell into comfortable silence with each other.

"Nephew, niece," Iroh said, popping his head in, "It's time to get ready."

Iroh had been a huge help with planning their wedding. He had done the majority of the work, with high ties to Fire Nation traditions, in only a matter of days. (Y/n) and Zuko couldn't have hoped for a wedding this soon after their decision if not for Iroh.

Zuko stood, going to Iroh. "I'll have some of the soldiers sent down with your dress and to help you if you want it."

"Thank you, Uncle." She bowed her head. He bowed back.

"See you soon, light," Zuko said, stepping out with Iroh.

(Y/n) pressed herself from the bed, sitting at the altar. She shut her eyes, trying to push away the thoughts in her mind, trying to settle the nervousness in her stomach, and listen to that one sound that had always overrode everything else in her mind.

"We are ready for you, Princess," someone announced.

When she opened her eyes again, the candles in front of her were lit with her fire, spilling blue into the room.

"I am ready too." She stood from the bench. "Where would you like me?"

They helped her settle in a seat and began by painting her face.

"Beautiful, (y/n)," they said after pulling away.

She glanced over to the mirror. Her face had been painted in a way that enhanced her looks, instead of hiding them like she would have expected.

"Your dress next," they guided. She stood, stripping down to her skin. They wrapped her chest first, placing the first layer over the wrapping quickly.

They held a skirt over her, pulling it on and buttoning the front. It was white and embroidered with Fire Nation symbols.

"Your arms." She held them out for a jacket to be placed over the skirt, tying the ribbon around her waist.

Then they threw another jacket over her, this one white and red and embroidered with Fire Nation symbols at the end of the sleeves. The belt quickly followed. It was gold and red, and pulled close to her breasts.