2. Village

"Ma'am, here is your room. Please feel free to use anything inside, if you need our service or something else, just ring the bell." The grand steward opened a white door with fancy decorating to let Nell go inside first, then she and the maids went in, they put down the suitcase on a low shelf near the door, bowing before they left.

Nell left the case in her hand beside the other one, taking a look around the room that was much bigger than she thought.

The room has a high ceiling, which made it feel even wider, at the right-hand side near the entrance was the living area, disposing of a set of couch and tea table, facing an unsettled fireplace, french windows mounted at the right side of the living area.

An armchair was disposed near the windows, Nell almost wanted to rest on it and had a nap. At the backward of the living area disposed a set of desk and chair and on the opposite side of the french windows was landed a four-poster bed with a purple yarn veil and a giant wardrobe. Ms. Vulpe brought Nell to an area blocked by a screen, there was a door leading to the bathroom and a vintage vanity.

"Thank you, Ms. Vulpe, I can't look for more. This room is just stunning."

The woman with a solemn face curled her lip, bowing.

"It's glad to hear. Lady Dimitrescu arranged this room for you after being informed by the Duke. It is a pity that my lady is too busy to welcome you by herself."

"Please send my thanks to the lady and explain that the store will be opened once I've done the preparation. "

"Of course, ma'am. Is there anything I can do for you?" The grand steward nodded.

"The journey made me exhausted, may I have the dinner here? Just make it simple."

"Sure. Please have a bath or rest for a while, dinner will be ready in half an hour."

"That would be great, thank you, Ms. Vulpe." Nell said with a smile. The serious woman bowed again before leaving the room and closing the door.

Nell sighed and rubbed the back of her neck, grumbling.

"She definitely does the job well, but talking to her make me fatigued."

She walked to the french windows and opened one of them, breathing fresh air from the forest, then she progressed to the bathroom while taking the ribbon away from her hair, letting them spread beside her head, and stretching her arms.

After having a shower, Nell went back to her room with a robe wrapping around her, she noticed that on a small table near the armchair leaving a tray with a plate of cream stew and some buns on it, nodding with satisfaction.

She unpacked the suitcase and took her skin-care products, gently putting on the facial cream, her fingertips ran through the light scar with a smile on her face. She brushed her hair and dried them, before having dinner on the lovely armchair.

After eating, she hummed a song while walking to the door and rang the bell, then she took the record book handed by Harry, resting in the chair, and examined it.

When the door was being knocked, Nell focused on the notebook, frowning, and spoke.

"Come in."

"Good evening ma'am, what can I do for you?" A maid with a short brunette hair went to Nell, bowing slightly, and said.

Nell lifted her head, seeing the young face with freckles on her cheeks, the brown eyes of the girl filled with curiosity. Nell smiled.

"Young girl, what's your name?" She closed the book and put it on her lap.