30. A date Part. 4

Author's note: hope whoever reads this could find a little fluffy and comfort, that's all the reason I write, except for self-indulging of course.

The two women took a slow trot on the meadow in a content mood. With soft chatting flowing between them, the time was almost forgotten. Not too long later, the lady tugged the rein to stop the horses, and she smirked at the witch’s surprising gasp.
They stood beside a pond along with a steel gazebo. The pool was beautifully surrounded by flowers and willows, the water in it was serene, gleaming in green and reflecting the floating clouds, only a few waves were created when the wind blew through its surface.
The pavilion looked like a giant birdcage painted white, just without that many bars, and had some shield on the top as some sort of a roof. Depending on the golden patterns and decorations of the small building, it was obvious who it belonged to, and that acknowledgment made the witch smile softly.
She narrowed her eyes and raised a hand to block the sunlight and glanced further into the little building. A table made of the same material as the white cage was located at the center, with some chairs disposed around. A fine-laced cloth covered the counter, a rattan basket, a bucket with a bottle of wine and a vase with flowers were neatly laid out. While in their casual strolling, Nell had thought about what would the lady prepare for them, and an afternoon tea did come to her mind, but the view before them was way more delicate than she thought it would be.
Nell couldn’t help her widened eyes and a beaming face as she turned to the tall woman, only to win herself deep chuckles from the countess.
“Depending on your expression, I assume you like what you see, no?”
“Absolutely! I like the pond, the willow, the gazebo and …… is that afternoon tea on the table?” A nod from the lady confirmed the witch.
She smiled and chimed, “ That’s wonderful! How thoughtful you are, thank you.”
The cheerful face of her made the lady chuckle again.
“A little correction, the treats on the table were set by the maids. All I did is requestion.”
“But they only did that because you asked, so technically, it was prepared by you.” The witch winked at the tall woman, who shook her head softly with a smile.
“My, quiet a silver tongue you are, darling. You got a point that I can’t argue with, now can I?”
“No, you can’t and shouldn’t. There’s no need to cover the kindness of you.” The witch grinned a little proudly, resulting a rich laughing from the lady, and a faint rosy tone coming across her porcelain cheeks.
After getting a bit closer to the giant cage, the two women slid down from their mares and loosened the bridles on them, letting the horses go for rest or eat freely. Then they made their way into the gazebo, where Nell pulled out a chair for the countess to sit. The noble one took the offer gladly with a smile, and in return, she popped the bottle open and poured each of them a cup with a healthy amount. While the lady prepared the wine, Nell opened the basket, finding a box of pies, some buns and croissants wrapped in cloth, glass containers filled with jam and butter, a kettle, a stack of tissues, and finally, a plate of cookies that looked a little irregular in shapes but delight in the smell.
When the witch pulled the plate out from the basket and presented it to the lady with a grin, the said woman chuckled in realization. A fond expression on her face.
“My, my little bugs never fail to surprise me.” The countess hummed softly and took one chip from the plate, looking at it with adoration. The witch lowered the container on the table and picked one with chocolate beans. As she took a bite, the shreds of bitter dark chocolate melted on her tongue, and the sweet crispy flake of cookie filled her mouth with a rich butter aroma. A surprising smile spread from her lips and a low rumbling in her chest.
“They did quite a great job, the taste of it is amazing!”
Looking across the table at the woman who was still admiring her daughters’ handwork, the blond one grabbed another chip from the plate and smirked playfully, “Kindly remind, If you keep examining that delightful little piece of art, I might eat the rest of them in a split second.”
The countess raised a perfectly arched brow and held her hand a bit over the plate, the large palm of the lady completely covered it, and a pleased chuckle released from her lips at the witch’s shocked unbelieving expression. “Hm, or I can keep them all to myself.”
The lady smirked evilly at Nell and took a bite of the cookie in her other hand, soon closing her eyes with a soft humming.
“Indeed they are splendid. My girls really learned something from a wonderful teacher. Thank you, dear.” She generously took her hand back from the plate with sweets and nodded at the witch with a soft smile, which made Nell blush slightly.
Flustered, the witch cleared her throat, “I might teach them once or twice, but the credit didn’t go to me. The girls are all quick learners. I’m surprised at how good they could bake by now.” Nell looked at the countess and answered sheepishly, before turning away and taking another chip, shoveling it into her mouth with her cheeks reddened deeper.
The golden eyes traced the movement of the witch’s tongue as it darted out unintentionally to lick away the tiny scattered pieces on her pink lips, hooking at the place where it was retrieved. Her own one sensually ran through her plump lips, wetting them. Her body leaned in slightly, a low groan muffled in her throat which the blonde never heard. “Delicious.”
The desire to capture the witch’s lips at this instant rose fiercely inside her. But she must not, no, not now, it would be too improper and rude, even offensive toward the witch. She deserved better than that. The countess shifted her eyes away from the unaware woman, taking the goblet in hand and sipping from it. The liquor calmed her nerves down efficiently. She took another sip with a little more quantity. Then the countess turned to the bread and jam, the smell of baked wheat could hardly distract her, but she must do something to prevent herself from putting the unholy thought into action.
For a while, both of the two women had their meals in silence, one was busily disturbing herself, and the other was just enjoying the food.
The witch hummed at the taste of the smoky grilled meat with a hint of herbs and dried tomato. The flavor of it worked up the witch’s appetite, just perfect for a summer picnic.
“Would you like some of the pies? The meat stuffing was really good. I wonder how the cook prepared it.”
“Is that so? I must try then.” After almost drying her glass, the glowing eyes of the countess softly landed on Nell, the tall woman smiled, taking a piece of said food as her words and consuming it with utter elegance. The large fingers of hers easily nipped up the pie, which seemed much smaller between her digits, and then those nimble fingers sent it into those plump crimson lips. Nell’s eyes followed each swift movement of the lady’s fingers, waving in the air, which made her mouth go dry. Oh, how she wanted to kiss the knuckles of them to worship their owner. The witch swallowed hard before grabbing the thermos from the rattan basket.
“Hm, their cooking skills did improve, very well.” The smell of food in the countess’s nostrils decreased the faint scent of the witch, which smelled like the forest, fresh air and warm dried grass that kept triggering the thin thread of her sanity. And the steaming smell of the hot tea that was just poured for them helped too. At least the lady could keep her mind at bay with less strength.
Sipping from the cup, the witch’s face coated with a faint tone of rose, then she looked up from the porcelain, smiling at the lady.
“The stevia and mint blend with green tea is rather good, and I think the herbs are from Cassandra’s little garden.” She put a set of teacup before the tall woman, then sipped again from the cup in her hand.
“In that case, I shall thank you yet again.” The countess pleasantly lifted the corners of her lips before taking her own cup of tea. “Hm, wonderful.”
Nell smiled with her eyes curving in arches, “Glad you like it. And please, no need for another thank you, Cassy is a kid with green thumb, I only taught her how to turn herbs into tea. Isn’t that something a grandma would teach her grandkid?” She chuckled at her own words, the crow’s feet spread frankly beside her eyes.
The countess looked at her softly, before an evil smirk found its way to her face. She leaned in toward the witch, decreasing the distance between their faces until there were only a few inches away. Her gloved hand found the witch’s, holding still on it above the fine cloth of the table. The witch’s breath hitched as their hands contacted, her eyes darted to Alcina and her face grew warmer and warmer in the lady’s gaze.
The golden eyes of the lady shimmered in mischief, and her crimson lips parted. “Oh, I believe instead of the grandma, my daughters would much rather you be their the other mother. Miranda takes that position well, and it is enough for them.”
The witch fell to silence, and the red hue on her face grew even deeper, climbing up to the tips of her ears. Eyelashes trembling, Nell speechlessly glanced at the countess, biting her lower lip. A broad smirk revealed on the lady’s lips, and her thumb gently stroked the back of Nell’s hand. A series of neural currents were sent to the witch from that touched skin, making her spine shiver and her heart beat harder.
“Is cat got your tongue?” The countess teased, eagle-like eyes hooked on Nell and devoured the shy witch, refusing to let go of any of her expression change.
Nell took a deep breath, the woman before her would be the end of her life, but she was willing to devote it. She closed her eyes for just a short moment, then she smiled, azure eyes looked directly into Alcina’s. The rosy tone on her face remained, but the shy expression turned into a playful one, which the towering woman arched an eyebrow about.
“Although I am a cat person, I am afraid that this time someone more gorgeous than those furry creatures has got it first. Care to know who I reference?”
Her smile widened as the lady snorted, the honey-like eyes drifted away for a while with a hint of rosy tone across her pale cheeks, then Alcina shook her head with an amused expression on her face, a deep humming rumbling its way out from her chest. She looked back at the witch fondly.
“The answer is crystal clear, so no need to waste time on explanation, no?”
The witch replied with a chuckle and nodded, “Yes, I think it is.”
“Very well then. Would you like to have more of the dessert, or would you prefer to depart now?” The lady released Nell’s hand and brought her tea up, asking from the brim of the cup after sipping.
The lost contact and warmness made Nell’s heart flinch a bit, unwilling to let go just yet. But nonetheless, she answered the countess by her motion, taking a croissant in hand, “I feel like more food is called by my stomach. Can’t let your surprise and the hard effort of the cooks go wasted, right?” She winked and threw the food inside her mouth, chewing it with smiled-arching eyes.
The lady leaned back and chuckled heartedly, “Indeed. There’s no point in squandering, and the riding session takes more energy than I imagine.”