5.1 The daughters

Nell was brought to the middle of the room, and before she even noticed, she was put down on a sofa with the girl sitting beside her. A redhead girl and a blond one sat on another sofa abreast. Several empty paper bags were disposed of on the coffee table in front of them.

"Ms. Lupu! The pound cake was absolutely delicious, I can't wait to have another one! " Cassandra grinned broadly.

"I missed its flavor already, and I can't stop licking my fingers." The redhead beamed, her eyes curved like the waxing crescent.

"I have to say that you made a perfect dessert." The blond cross her legs and smiled elegantly, licking her upper lip. Nell couldn't stop but smiled, she calmly looked at the girls and spoke.

"Thanks for your responses, lovely ladies. I feel like I am drowned in honey by your words." She said playfully, the girls giggled for a while.

"Well, I am Bela Dimitrescu, the eldest sister, nice to meet you." The blond nodded with a smile.

"And I am Daniela Dimitrescu, the youngest and cutest sister!" The redhead winked one eye and smiled sweetly. The other girls rolled their eyes and booed at her, causing the youngest one to pout and cross her arms.

"It's nice to see you, Lady Bela and Lady Daniela. I will stay in your home for several months, hope that won't be a disturbance."

"Nonsense! You are nothing like a disturbance, we don't even meet you until now!" Daniela screamed.

"That might be because I always stay in the shop room, or read in my room, I am kind of a bookworm." Nell smiled.

"It reminds me, have you seen mother yet? I don't hear anything about you except for the time she mentioned that someone will be living in our castle as a guest." It was Bela who spoke, and Nell answered with a shocking head.

"No, I haven't met Lady Dimitrescu, I even forget to greet her, that is impolite. " Nell said with a shameful expression and sighed.

"It's okay, mum has been busy for a couple of weeks, we nearly have time to get along with her. I think she must forget you are here." Daniela pouted.

"Yeah, and the castle is in a renovation, so there's a bunch of workers wandering around, mother hates the man-thing, thus she hardly leaves her chambers. " Bela added. The middle one suddenly clasped her hands with excitement and spoke in a high tone.

"Then we shall invite you to join our dinner! No matter how busy mother is, she always shows up during the eating time."

"Great idea! Please do attend, mother will be surprised to see you, Ms. Lupu. " Bela nodded.

"Good job, Cassandra! " The redhead pushed her sister with her elbow, causing her to groan.

"It's my honor to join your dinner, but will that cause your mother trouble? I feel like she is so busy, maybe she wouldn't want to see a stranger in her only relaxing time?" Nell said with concern. The three looked at each other, then the eldest one spoke.

"I will ask mother if you can attend, and I believe she will agree." Bela smiled before turning into flies and leaving.

"Don't worry, Ms. Lupu. Mother usually is kind to a guest." The brunette one grinned, Nell brushed her hair at her forehead back and smiled too.

"I am pretty sure that whoever rose daughters like you must be lovely, generous, and kind." The girl's cheeks redden a little, and she giggled.

A knocking sound and a polite voice appeared from outside the door.

"My ladies and Ms. Lupu, I bring your tea."

"Come in, Ms. Vulpe." The youngest one said joyfully. The grand steward entered with a tray in hand, four sets of cups, a teapot, and a sugar container placed on it. She carefully put the tray on the coffee table.

"Thank you, Ms. Vulpe, I can manage it. " Nell said gently, the woman nodded, bowing before she left. Nell took the teapot and pour the tea into 3 cups, she took a cup first and smell it, nodding with satisfaction, and she pushed the other cup sets to the girls.

"Please try my herbal tea blend, hope you will like it." Two girls hold the cup and took a sip, their eyes widened.

"I love the flavor! I can drink it all day." The redhead beamed and took another sip.

"Me too, I can't image that lavender and green tea blend so well." Cassandra nearly tucked her nose into the cup, inhaling deeply.

"I am truly flattered, thank you."

"You are welcome! " Daniela beamed, and she pushed her sister with her elbow again, causing her almost dropped the cup.

"What!? " Cassandra put the cup down, staring at her sister, yelled.

"I can't believe you forgot! The reason we invited Ms. Lupu to come, remember? " Daniela screamed and shocked the other one's shoulders aggressively.

"Okay okay, stop it! " Cassandra wave her back as she incidentally sat beside Nell, leaning on her side, her arm intertwined with the woman's, and smiled sweetly.

"You feel so warm." The girl said with a dreaming tone, Nell couldn't help but smile, gently rubbing her head as the girl's cheeks reddened and she stayed motionlessly.

Cassandra ran her fingers through her hair, glaring at her sister before turning to Nell.